British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Didn't know that you were also Neila. But fair play you appear to have found one example albeit you don't know the situation in the pits at that moment. 

Just tell it like i see it 

22 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Could we possibly see a new man in the hot seat with an alleged approach already having taken place to an existing British Team Manager?

It's time for a change...love to see James grieves have a shot at it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

It's good to know that a Workington fan has followed the Glasgow team around the country and is therefore in a position to comment on the abilities of the team manager. Perhaps you can comment on how you reached your conclusion. Runner up in the play offs and league and semi finalists in the Cup seems no to bad to me and a lot better than other managers. Just asking. 

I wonder if W9Lion consulted the self proclaimed special one before 'laughing' at this post. 

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

At redcar this year in ht 14 he failed to swop the reserves, one was scoring the other wasnt , defeat from the jaws of victory !

Actually it was the No.4 that should have been replaced. After 3 rides he was on zero. 

• Thanks 1

Jye etheridge as guest against Edinburgh up there, not replacing Sam in heat 8 at Poole in final. Tbh there's been a few decisions I've found questionable at best this season. As I've said many times before, Ian Steele was sacked for much less

Oh deferring gate selection at Poole as well

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Actually it was the No.4 that should have been replaced. After 3 rides he was on zero. 

Soz yes your right my mistake, i could maybe do the job:rofl:

4 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Soz yes your right my mistake, i could maybe do the job:rofl:

To be fair his record on making tough calls is let's just say not the best so on this occasion reluctantly have to agree

Get Neil McFarlane back is my option. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

To be fair his record on making tough calls is let's just say not the best so on this occasion reluctantly have to agree

Get Neil McFarlane back is my option. 

Well what about Alex Harkess or Mr Blobby 

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Jye etheridge as guest against Edinburgh up there, not replacing Sam in heat 8 at Poole in final. Tbh there's been a few decisions I've found questionable at best this season. As I've said many times before, Ian Steele was sacked for much less

Oh deferring gate selection at Poole as well

Seeing as I went to that meeting:

1. They already had Novak in for Bailey in that heat and considering Bailey's win wasn't til the heat after then they were both on zero at the time, so I can see why they left it til H11 at the time.

2. The gate thing was a bit random but obviously thought it was going to be close on aggregrate near the end of the meeting.

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, geoff100 said:

At redcar this year in ht 14 he failed to swop the reserves, one was scoring the other wasnt , defeat from the jaws of victory !

But because of the play-offs that result become irrelevant, they still made the final, so scoring extra points in the league campaign doesn't matter (unless finishing 1st)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Well what about Alex Harkess or Mr Blobby 

Blobby is a shout why didn’t I think off that.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Didn't know that you were also Neila. But fair play you appear to have found one example albeit you don't know the situation in the pits at that moment. 

True speedway fans say as it is, even if we are comets fans, just because we (at the moment ) don't have a team does not mean we can't watch speedway and have an opinion :t:

10 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

I wonder if W9Lion consulted the self proclaimed special one before 'laughing' at this post. 

10 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

I dont't see the relevance of this to José Mourinho? 

• Haha 2

I'm told most team managers don't get paid in the Championship, so that might be a small problem in finding a better "volunteer" @ Glasgow or elsewhere.

Personally I would prefer to offer my services as to be a freelance mechanic (dope & oil monkey) @ £100 - £150 per night.  

• Like 1

Anyone else feel the deafening silence, rumours of musielak and Oxford getting refused entry means we've gone to the "top" league? Hope I'm wrong, don't fancy Monday and Thursday nights at all, especially for away meetings

• Haha 1