British Speedway Forum

35 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Under 24 riders ride in the first team in Poland as there is a requirement for each team to include at least 2 I think...not sure, in each meeting.. As far as I'm aware there isn't U24 teams so no seperate race day.

Dan Bewley is one of Wroclaw's under 24 riders.

Oh dear… 

Poland have created an U24 league, the same as how most sports have youth leagues, Jason Edwards has signed up for Grudziadz, he won’t be in the first team, he’s hardly at that sort of level. 

You just stick to talking utter rubbish and contributing meaningless posts, you’re not very good at the actual speedway stuff clearly

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Tbh that's what we've done for years now. Sam and Marcin only assessed new riders I can think of in recent years sadly. Loved watching riders develop with us from reserves to no.1s. used to have about 3 new Aussies a season on average (though least said of Jayden O'Malley and Michael penfold the better :rofl:)

I was watching a meeting on EMTV+  a while back. At one point, they were interviewing three Glasgow Aussies in the bar. "Powell, Carter and Bowes".

Now, obviously, I well remembered Mick and Shane but I was absolutely lost as to who Carter was.

Did some digging and discovered his first name was Michael. Not that that really helped as I still have no memory of him whatsoever.

My digging suggests he may be the only rider to have 3 tape exclusions in his only 3 rides of one particular second half meeting! I'm guessing he never really made it beyond that level?

4 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

I was watching a meeting on EMTV+  a while back. At one point, they were interviewing three Glasgow Aussies in the bar. "Powell, Carter and Bowes".

Now, obviously, I well remembered Mick and Shane but I was absolutely lost as to who Carter was.

Did some digging and discovered his first name was Michael. Not that that really helped as I still have no memory of him whatsoever.

My digging suggests he may be the only rider to have 3 tape exclusions in his only 3 rides of one particular second half meeting! I'm guessing he never really made it beyond that level?

No was one of the few disappointments of that era of Aussies. Wasn't really up to much is my memories of him

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Mike Carter broke his ankle whilst practicing,  don't think he managed a competitive ride for Glasgow, 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

He is a malteser

Thought he was a snicker lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

Mike Carter broke his ankle whilst practicing,  don't think he managed a competitive ride for Glasgow, 

Carter broke his ankle in his third ride with Tigers at Stoke.

2 minutes ago, daveallan81 said:

Carter broke his ankle in his third ride with Tigers at Stoke.

So he did, I knew he didnt do any home meetings

15 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Oh dear…

You just stick to talking utter rubbish and contributing meaningless posts, you’re not very good at the actual speedway stuff clearly

Oh dear....

Well I hope Berwick av a good season in 2022 and look forward to doing battle once again with us Pirates.

Hang on, oh no I'm talking utter rubbish again and contributing meaningless posts. As u say I'm not very good at the speedway stuff!

:rofl:. :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Oh dear....

Well I hope Glasgow av another good season in 2022 and look forward to doing battle once again with us Pirates.

Hang on, oh no I'm talking utter rubbish again and contributing meaningless posts. As u say I'm not very good at the speedway stuff!

:rofl:. :rofl:

Not sure a Berwick fan will be too bothered about the outcome of that contest

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Not sure a Berwick fan will be too bothered about the outcome of that contest

Regards
THJ

Thank you for highlighting my error. To which I've corrected. I apologize to all Glasgow fans.

But the message was rubbish & meaningless anyways! :rofl:

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

New signing in attendance at the Jason Crump event.

They certainly are making it out to be Jason Crump but I doubt it's him.

Anyone checked musielak's social media channels :D