British Speedway Forum

On 11/25/2021 at 12:01 PM, Jaizer said:

Tbh that's what we've done for years now. Sam and Marcin only assessed new riders I can think of in recent years sadly. Loved watching riders develop with us from reserves to no.1s. used to have about 3 new Aussies a season on average (though least said of Jayden O'Malley and Michael penfold the better :rofl:)

This is absolutely spot on. You need to try and find a gem. For every Pickering there is a dud but I always find it quite exciting having a bit of an unknown quantity in the team. Thomson was a good find for Edinburgh this season and it wouldn’t surprise me if we looked to Oz for a similar type signing for 2022. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

100% Sheffield.

His sponsor spoiled the reveal on a edited facebook post lol.

He had the wrong tigers then ha

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Oops, he strikes again

Just like the phantom raspberry blower of old London town! :rofl:

16 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

This is absolutely spot on. You need to try and find a gem. For every Pickering there is a dud but I always find it quite exciting having a bit of an unknown quantity in the team. Thomson was a good find for Edinburgh this season and it wouldn’t surprise me if we looked to Oz for a similar type signing for 2022. 

As long as it's not a certain Frazer Bowes!!!

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But one's JC right??;):D

For team manager only.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I will laugh. A lot 

Surely not.

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

IF (and huge if) he is to sign it can only be for commercial reasons

Spot on. Would imagine we'd get lots of positive PR and I'm sure the younger riders would benefit AND if he was signed as a second string could probably do a decent job. 

• Like 2

I think Jason crump will be at Glasgow, I can see him having bikes and a mechanic up north and he would be flown up from his uk base of Exeter,he had a poor season for Plymouth but I feel he would be a good fit for Glasgow. 

55 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Spot on. Would imagine we'd get lots of positive PR and I'm sure the younger riders would benefit AND if he was signed as a second string could probably do a decent job. 

:D you’re trying to convince yourselves now! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1