British Speedway Forum

Crump would be a poor signing the model should be young hungry riders on the way up with one older head with Cookie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

I will laugh. A lot 

Ha. I'm only half joking! Be a bit rude of Glasgow to announce riders in his attendance if he isn't one of them imo. And as long as he is in attendance when there are announcements, there is a small possibility he is one of them :D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Crump would be a poor signing the model should be young hungry riders on the way up with one older head with Cookie.

Who won the premiership to become the best team in the country for 2021 using your rejected method of team building

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ha. I'm only half joking! Be a bit rude of Glasgow to announce riders in his attendance if he isn't one of them imo. And as long as he is in attendance when there are announcements, there is a small possibility he is one of them :D

I think you've hit the nail on the head tbh.

I think Glasgow may have signed him for commercial reasons tbh.

james Grieves also coming tonight wonder if he is coming back #first2dadsarmy

Just now, mac101 said:

Grievesy at reserve be dynamite, read somewhere else he was getting the itch :D

Just now, Jaizer said:

Grievesy at reserve be dynamite, read somewhere else he was getting the itch :D

i just dropped a bike off for him to practice   yesterday ;-))

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gazc said:

A little respect please!  Fact is J.C. is on a false average, I could see him average 10 no problem also no better coach & advisor for the younger team members.

1 minute ago, Ghosty said:

A little respect please!  Fact is J.C. is on a false average, I could see him average 10 no problem also no better coach & advisor for the younger team members.

Sorry I don't buy false average chat. That is the average he achieved with Plymouth over the season. The "false average" was the 12 pointer he had at start of season. Could he improve with an injury free season? Possibly a little, but not to a 10

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Theres only one true Dads Army speedway team,  any spin off fakes are subject to trading standards investigations.:D

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Sorry I don't buy false average chat. That is the average he achieved with Plymouth over the season. The "false average" was the 12 pointer he had at start of season. Could he improve with an injury free season? Possibly a little, but not to a 10

Jason's injury @ wolves was 7 broken ribs (little known fact) then rode when not 100% fit. Not the best move when you were the man every other rider wanted to beat in the U.K. 2021.

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I agree 100% His average reflects his attainment after he had recovered from the 7 broken ribs (which I think everyone knew about?) I would be surprised if Glasgow signed him but then the Tigers have had a history of signing underperformers including Ross Brady, Craig Watson, Eric Carillo plus all the disappointing Aussies in the past and that seems to have continued under the current owners.

34 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Who won the premiership to become the best team in the country for 2021 using your rejected method of team building

Different scenario Crump was out the sport for a number of years just don’t see it being a progressive signing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Not being dis-respectful just offering my opinion that he wouldn’t be a good signing , being overly optimistic with averaging 10 but that’s your opinion as is mine.

28 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Jason's injury @ wolves was 7 broken ribs (little known fact) then rode when not 100% fit. Not the best move when you were the man every other rider wanted to beat in the U.K. 2021.

Not sure he was  the rider every other rider wanted to beat last season, he is 46! I don't think his average is false but probably worth a punt for a team who have a track more to his liking.