British Speedway Forum

52 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I agree 100% His average reflects his attainment after he had recovered from the 7 broken ribs (which I think everyone knew about?) I would be surprised if Glasgow signed him but then the Tigers have had a history of signing underperformers including Ross Brady, Craig Watson, Eric Carillo plus all the disappointing Aussies in the past and that seems to have continued under the current owners.

Those 3 weren't the worst either. Gives me shivers just to think about it. Mark lemon,  Martin Dixon. If anyone deserved some success after the dross got to be us ha. It's not like was doing much better with ippo prior to the injury. If was to be agreed should be no guarantees and heavily performance led deal. Guarantees should never been allowed into speedway

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

I agree 100% His average reflects his attainment after he had recovered from the 7 broken ribs (which I think everyone knew about?) I would be surprised if Glasgow signed him but then the Tigers have had a history of signing underperformers including Ross Brady, Craig Watson, Eric Carillo plus all the disappointing Aussies in the past and that seems to have continued under the current owners.

You are on the wind up or seriously not well with your comment about the current owners. 

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 1

If it were to be the case that he is signing (not my preference) then this team would fit…….Craig Cook, Jason Crump, Tom Brennan, Kasper Andersen, Broc Nicol, Cameron Heeps, Connor Bailey.  Only thing missing is a second big hitter for heats 13&15………..although I could see Tom stepping into this role pretty soon. I can see a fair bit of scope for average improvement in that team. 

3 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

If it were to be the case that he is signing (not my preference) then this team would fit…….Craig Cook, Jason Crump, Tom Brennan, Kasper Andersen, Broc Nicol, Cameron Heeps, Connor Bailey.  Only thing missing is a second big hitter for heats 13&15………..although I could see Tom stepping into this role pretty soon. I can see a fair bit of scope for average improvement in that team. 

Looks too similar to this season, cookie definitely going to need bit support in the big heats next year

35 minutes ago, Tigeratheart said:

No Jason crump tonight at the winter event , due to travel issues .

According to this weeks SS Jason Crump was due to compete in the Darcy Ward meeting at North Brisbane tonight.

30 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

You are on the wind up or seriously not well with your comment about the current owners. 

Neither. It’s my opinion. They seem to follow the errors of the past of loading the top end and then having to fill the last few places with poor riders. Was it 2004 when the top five was Parker, Stancl, Grieves, Bentley, Jones? Potentially 5 heat leaders. Unfortunately, the reserves were Blackman and Campbell. Heat 1, Parker and Jones 5-1 or 4-2 every time. Heat 2 Blackman and Campbell 1-5 early time. Where did Glasgow end the year? Was it 11th?

Also, who was the last rider who started his career at Glasgow who went on to much greater things? Was it Josh Grajczonek in 2008?

I have nothing but admiration for what the new owners have done at Glasgow, but they have yet to put together a league winning team

22 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Neither. It’s my opinion. They seem to follow the errors of the past of loading the top end and then having to fill the last few places with poor riders. Was it 2004 when the top five was Parker, Stancl, Grieves, Bentley, Jones? Potentially 5 heat leaders. Unfortunately, the reserves were Blackman and Campbell. Heat 1, Parker and Jones 5-1 or 4-2 every time. Heat 2 Blackman and Campbell 1-5 early time. Where did Glasgow end the year? Was it 11th?

Also, who was the last rider who started his career at Glasgow who went on to much greater things? Was it Josh Grajczonek in 2008?

I have nothing but admiration for what the new owners have done at Glasgow, but they have yet to put together a league winning team

Nick Morris started after Josh

Mason campton could've achieved more imo.

Could throw who DAyres wins in, gave him first permanent place. 

The pavlova could be a championship heat leader imo

Edited by Jaizer

19 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

They may not have yet won the league but have made the play offs and injuries have probably cost us a league title in some of those play offs, even though Ulrich was injured this year, Poole were by far the best team this year and deserved the title

4 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

They may not have yet won the league but have made the play offs and injuries have probably cost us a league title in some of those play offs, even though Ulrich was injured this year, Poole were by far the best team this year and deserved the title

Every team has to deal with injuries. Glasgow have underachieved since the Facennas came in. It’s hard to argue differently. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Every team has to deal with injuries. Glasgow have underachieved since the Facennas came in. It’s hard to argue differently. 

They have overachieved given what the previous Promotion had done.IMO.

• Like 1

Biggest error the management made was replacing Stewart Dickson with cami Brown. 
does cami have any input on team line ups ? But Glasgow do seem to sign older riders with supposedly bargain averages who fail to improve as age catches up with them. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

That's nonsense.

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Grievesy at reserve be dynamite, read somewhere else he was getting the itch :D

He went to the doctor's and was prescribed sum cream for that! :rofl:

29 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Nick Morris started after Josh

Mason campton could've achieved more imo.

Could throw who DAyres wins in, gave him first permanent place. 

The pavlova could be a championship heat leader imo

Think mason campton ended up being a triple medal winner but was not riding for Glasgow :D H18TORY