British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

There are a few down that neck off the woods.

Not all I must add but that’s what floats there boat ,who cares really there opinions matter not a jot.

Someone should have stuck in at Skool.

5 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Someone should have stuck in at Skool.

Eh ?.

6 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

If it needs explaining.....

Please do.

Or have we the newest member of the forum grammar police.

Should have stuck in at school or was it Skool.

“Sigh” how ironic.

Edited by Gazc

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Please do.

Or have we the newest member of the forum grammar police.

Should have stuck in at school or was it Skool.

“Sigh” how ironic.

You obviously missed the irony as well. ;)

4 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

You obviously missed the irony as well. ;)

Probably but hey ho. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Exactly it's a term never agreed with. Rider has an average over 20 meetings, that's indicative of their form. Very few of these older guys on way down ever come back up. Ully being exception

Next year will be different, riders such as Brennan with lots of fixtures removed from his rolling ave, so less about current form & can be legitimately called a "false/bargain" average!

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It was obvious we couldn’t fit in Ben Basso from the word go. We are a Wednesday club. How can we sign a rider who rides Wednesdays in Denmark? 

Good luck to Ben in his future career. I expect him to end up in Poland as the top Dane in 3 years time.

Mads Hansen and Marcus Birkemose (not to mention Bastian Pedersen a couple of years after that) might beg to differ.

A top Dane- probably

The top Dane - seems less likely (and Michelsen, Thomsen and possibly Madsen should still be around in 3 years)

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Next year will be different, riders such as Brennan with lots of fixtures removed from his rolling ave, so less about current form & can be legitimately called a "false/bargain" average!

Youngsters improve by and large, my main point was around guys like say heeps this season everyone assumes going to add 2/3 points. Who says that not just his level now?

8 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Mads Hansen and Marcus Birkemose (not to mention Bastian Pedersen a couple of years after that) might beg to differ.

A top Dane- probably

The top Dane - seems less likely (and Michelsen, Thomsen and possibly Madsen should still be around in 3 years)

And Matias Nielsen who is class 

11 minutes ago, arnieg said:

A top Dane- probably

Tim Sorensen won Danish U21. Can't be discounted

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Cue meltdown from out friends on the south coast. Magic bit of business

Why? We can't use him anyway! 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Why? We can't use him anyway! 

Lol wow you've all changed your tune. 2 weeks ago it was he's only going to miss couple meetings and was definitely coming back :rofl:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It was obvious we couldn’t fit in Ben Basso from the word go. We are a Wednesday club. How can we sign a rider who rides Wednesdays in Denmark? 

Good luck to Ben in his future career. I expect him to end up in Poland as the top Dane in 3 years time.

Yes, I would think if he has a good year in both British leagues then he'll be doing Poland in 2023. I'm sure they'll be keeping an eye on him!