British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Lol wow you've all changed your tune. 2 weeks ago it was he's only going to miss couple meetings and was definitely coming back :rofl:

Hmm, not sure I actually said that but okay. 

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Does seem a bit strange, we've had Danes in the past, ie Bjarne, and made it work 

That was before Denmark had Weds as protected race nights. UK was gonna do it for Prem but Denmark got there first and we got lumbered with Mon and Thurs! 

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

I heard he left Poole because he hated you all. Nothing to do with fixture clashes. 

:blink: That's why he did the heart sign at the Poole crowd then! lol

Just now, JanAndersen said:

He’s got you on strings

Don't you just hate badge kissers!!

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Youngsters improve by and large, my main point was around guys like say heeps this season everyone assumes going to add 2/3 points. Who says that not just his level now?

Heeps is a big risk in the Prem but a bargain in the Champ in my view! Now so many riders double up, I think things like "if Anders Rowe can show his Prem form in the Champ, he'll be a great signing" other way round for Batchelor!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

That was before Denmark had Weds as protected race nights. UK was gonna do it for Prem but Denmark got there first and we got lumbered with Mon and Thurs! 

The first season of fixed race nights, the Prem had Mondays & Wednesday's (with Swindon allowed to stay on Thursdays)

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

The first season of fixed race nights, the Prem had Mondays & Wednesday's (with Swindon allowed to stay on Thursdays)

Oh yes, I forgot about that! Denmark must have protected it during the off season in between then?

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, I would think if he has a good year in both British leagues then he'll be doing Poland in 2023. I'm sure they'll be keeping an eye on him! 

Pretty sure I've seen him sign in Poland this year. Possibly for an u24 squad but means he can be used in the ekstraliga

9 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Pretty sure I've seen him sign in Poland this year. Possibly for an u24 squad but means he can be used in the ekstraliga

Oh right! Didn't realise that. Guess they've worked it out so there are no fixture clashes.

• Like 1

Good signings so far for the Glasgow Tigers. Who's next? Personally i think Kasper Andersen would be a great signing at number 3 and be impressive alongside Brennan (unless he's already committed to somewhere else that i'm not aware of) and would leave the Tigers with over 7 points for the last rider (Adam Ellis ?) *provided Cook re-signs of course

1   Cook

2   Basso

3   Andersen

4   Brennan

5   ?

6   Hume

7   Bailey    

36 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Good signings so far for the Glasgow Tigers. Who's next? Personally i think Kasper Andersen would be a great signing at number 3 and be impressive alongside Brennan (unless he's already committed to somewhere else that i'm not aware of) and would leave the Tigers with over 7 points for the last rider (Adam Ellis ?) *provided Cook re-signs of course

1   Cook

2   Basso

3   Andersen

4   Brennan

5   ?

6   Hume

7   Bailey    

An Ully sized gap I'd imagine?

• Like 2

The Basso deal was done at the end of the play off final first leg - as several of the Poole fans at the Glasgow track will testify!  Just surprised Glasgow took so long to confirm/announce it!!;)

• Like 1

Interesting statement released by Poole. Happy to work around his danish. Commitments but head was turned. I do wonder what by. £££
Won’t be the first or last rider to be poached.  

https://www.poole-speedway.com/news/view/11-12-2021-PIRATES-FUME-AS-BASSO-LEAVES?fbclid=IwAR07RsZ-6cREDiMtlem9OdnTZAIJQyqIDVKvRjr477SNPuPY4uWSdzMCt0s

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The Basso deal was done at the end of the play off final first leg - as several of the Poole fans at the Glasgow track will testify!  Just surprised Glasgow took so long to confirm/announce it!!;)

Just to keep the Pirates stewing for a bit ;)