British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Ulrich on 7.96……so wouldn’t fit in there. 

Sorry I’ve just been reminded on another thread that the Eastbourne adjustment has still to be taken into account….so maybe I’m wrong here. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Interesting statement released by Poole. Happy to work around his danish. Commitments but head was turned. I do wonder what by. £££
Won’t be the first or last rider to be poached.  

https://www.poole-speedway.com/news/view/11-12-2021-PIRATES-FUME-AS-BASSO-LEAVES?fbclid=IwAR07RsZ-6cREDiMtlem9OdnTZAIJQyqIDVKvRjr477SNPuPY4uWSdzMCt0s

Is this one of those sensationalised news reports to appease the fanbase or can we expect to hear a hitman has finished his career in the near future?

Quite honestly, he's right to leave if his boss insists on repeatedly calling him "Ben". Show some respect. The name's Benjamin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Interesting statement released by Poole. Happy to work around his danish. Commitments but head was turned. I do wonder what by. £££

https://www.poole-speedway.com/news/view/11-12-2021-PIRATES-FUME-AS-BASSO-LEAVES?fbclid=IwAR07RsZ-6cREDiMtlem9OdnTZAIJQyqIDVKvRjr477SNPuPY4uWSdzMCt0s

Interesting that Poole claim they would race on different nights to accommodate Ben yet they left the Premier League because they said  that only Wednesday night would work for them financially. So basically they've adopted an approach used by politicians for some time, 'deflect the blame onto someone else whilst also getting your name in the papers' . And well done to Blobby for getting them even more publicity. 

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Is this one of those sensationalised news reports to appease the fanbase or can we expect to hear a hitman has finished his career in the near future?

Quite honestly, he's right to leave if his boss insists on repeatedly calling him "Ben". Show some respect. The name's Benjamin.

Agree,can’t imagine Poole racing on “off night to suit a5 pointer ,espiecially one of the reasons giving for dropping down was the race night scenario.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The Basso deal was done at the end of the play off final first leg - as several of the Poole fans at the Glasgow track will testify!  Just surprised Glasgow took so long to confirm/announce it!!;)

He's obviously happy to have one the double with poole, so not interested in anymore trophys :party:

Edited by Arthur54
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

An Ully sized gap I'd imagine?

Would not surprise me if Kasper ends up at Redcar

• Like 1

Important information regarding the Ben Basso statement released by Poole. 

Rumour has it Matt and Danny Ford got together with Boris Johnson and his team of cronies at No.10 to word the Ben Basso statement over a few bottles of wine and select plate of the finest cheeses. 

The statement got given the green light to go public by Cressida Dick who was also in attendance.

Christmas presents were also handed out but nobody knew who brought them their gifts.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

My god when I predicted a meltdown from poole I wasn't predicting it from the promotion :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, King Jamie said:

The voice of reason from the east. Thank goodness the Monarchs have you to balance Blobby’s observations

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Self employed rider choosing to ride were he wants shocker.

Or maybe not.

I hope this is how Glasgow complete their team (just to wind up Poole)

Glasgow 2022?  
Steve Worrall 9.05
Richard Lawson 8.29
Tom Brennan 5.88
Ben Basso 5.00
Danyon Hume 4.88
Stefan Nielsen 4.67
Connor Bailey 4.04
Total 41.81
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

so there only going to run 4 wednesdays all season to accommodate him no chance

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Self employed rider choosing to ride were he wants shocker.

Or maybe not.

If you’d paid all that money to get his visa sorted for a coupe of seasons for him then to turn around a go elsewhere 6 months in yous be pretty miffed as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

If you’d paid all that money to get his visa sorted for a coupe of seasons for him then to turn around a go elsewhere 6 months in yous be pretty miffed as well.

they were never going to use him next year  dew to his Danish commitments no matter what they said just playing for the fans ,if he was not good would they have moaned about paying for the visa ,many other clubs in both leagues asked about his services  but his mechanic for next year recommended Glasgow and Peterborough as he knows the clubs pretty well 

• Like 1