British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Didn't realise he'd scored so strongly for them tbh. It would be odd for them to completely discount those scores given he did actually score them so it demonstrates his ability so should be used for averages no? 

Glasgow should be lobbying for whatever way benefits them obviously!

His starting average was 5.9. in his matches with Glasgow I honestly don't think he'll have improved on that, which is an absolute steal if works out that way

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

When Tom was first introduced, they said it was for 2022 as well.

I’d love to Ulrich back. Will he be the same? No idea, but given how good he was this year, he deserves the chance to find out. He was exceptional, and that was especially useful with Craig being a bit up and down.

Of the current team, I’d want to see. Cook, Nicol, Brennan and Bailey back. With Ulrich at 5, I’d be happy with Ricky at 3. No idea if averages would allow all those though. Leaves one reserve spot to fill, depending on the maths.

All the green sheet averages are on the GB speedway website so you can work out the maths albeit I don't know if they have announced the points limit or the status of the rising star. 

53 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

His starting average was 5.9. in his matches with Glasgow I honestly don't think he'll have improved on that, which is an absolute steal if works out that way

According to the official green sheet averages Tom is 6.48.

1 minute ago, SharpenRake said:

According to the official green sheet averages Tom is 6.48.

Yes I know but others have said Eastbourne's scores will be removed hence my original question, as his Eastbourne scores were generally higher than at Glasgow his average may be liable to be reduced

Pirate walks in to a Scottish bar....'Mine's a Double please!' :lol:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Pirate walks in to a Scottish bar....'Mine's a Double please!' :lol:

Pirate walks into a Scottish bar..... Wakes up in hospital....god bless NHS Scotland 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Yes I know but others have said Eastbourne's scores will be removed hence my original question, as his Eastbourne scores were generally higher than at Glasgow his average may be liable to be reduced

A quick calculation would suggest 5.92

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2021/ridercareer.php?mc1=st&mc2=a&mc3=av&mc4=x&name=Tom Brennan

Edit: I think Shield fixtures in 2019 counted, so make that 6.02

Edited by arnieg
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Pirate walks into a Scottish bar..... Wakes up in hospital....god bless NHS Scotland 

Nah, I go private! :rofl:

• Haha 2

I wouldn't mind something along the lines of this for a starter for 10...

Cook 8.69*

Nicol 5.5

Brennan 6.32*

Jensen 5.8

Ostergaard 7.96

A lot of potential in Tom, where next year in a settled team - he could really kick on and improve immensely.

In terms of both Broc and Sam, thinking similar to Tom - both should push their averages towards 6.5/7. 

Just purely speculation and some fun at this stage in the season, with a lot still to be decided.

*assumes 2.5% British reduction

I would have 

Cook 8.69

Ulrich 7.96

Tom 6.32

Broc 5.50

Basso 5.0

Heeps 4.95

And Connor, don't know what his average is and if rising star is still an issue. Obviously we don't know what points limit is.

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

I would have 

Cook 8.69

Ulrich 7.96

Tom 6.32

Broc 5.50

Basso 5.0

Heeps 4.95

And Connor, don't know what his average is and if rising star is still an issue. Obviously we don't know what points limit is.

At least if you did sign Basso, he won't be visiting Poole as he'll be riding in Denmark. :t:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

I would have 

Cook 8.69

Ulrich 7.96

Tom 6.32

Broc 5.50

Basso 5.0

Heeps 4.95

Under 2021 rules Connor Bailey would be a 4* RS so would need another RS, unless rules change!

Edited by szkocjasid

6 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Under 2021 rules Connor Bailey would be a 4* RS so would need another RS, unless rules change!

Some people think the rising star system has been scrapped, but I guess we need to wait and see

Guess we might have an idea what promoters are working to when Plymouth announce heat leaders tonight. Since already signed 3 riders up. 

It could all be nothing, but Tobiasz Musielak has replied to a comment about Glasgow potentially hosting the 2022 GP Challenge with the following:

"A baza w Anglii będzie …. :))"

Roughly translated: "and my base in England will be..."

• Like 1