Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

56 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I must admit the depressing times we all find ourselves in at the minute,this thread is cheering me up I find it hilarious how Poole fans. Are so bitter about this situation if the roles were reversed do they think we are all so naive that they wouldn’t have done the same of course they would carry on everyone you are all cheering me up apart from the Poole fans. 

Yup, the club who brought a guy over from Australia and ditched him after what 4/5 weeks having a go at rider for lack of loyalty. Hypocrisy comes to mind

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yup, the club who brought a guy over from Australia and ditched him after what 4/5 weeks having a go at rider for lack of loyalty. Hypocrisy comes to mind

And snapped up immediately by Plymouth so he wasn't out of work. Why shouldn't we improve the team if we have an opportunity to do so. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

And snapped up immediately by Plymouth so he wasn't out of work. Why shouldn't we improve the team if we have an opportunity to do so. 

No one's saying you don't have the right. Just like the rider has the right to do what he feels is right for his career without being called out as some kind of super villain. That's my point, it works both ways

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

No one's saying you don't have the right. Just like the rider has the right to do what he feels is right for his career without being called out as some kind of super villain. That's my point, it works both ways

Yes I agree, I said that in my previous post. Poole have a history of changing the team mid season to improve the team and I don't have a problem with that and we are all a bit disappointed Basso isn't back because he changed our season and is a nice guy.At the end of the day you have to look after yourself in Speedway. Good luck to him, you will definitely be entertained! 

the simple truth re ben basso is hes simply on a great average,2 seasons in the championship and he could well be 8.5,and thats going to bring great benefits for his team over that period.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes I agree, I said that in my previous post. Poole have a history of changing the team mid season to improve the team and I don't have a problem with that and we are all a bit disappointed Basso isn't back because he changed our season and is a nice guy.At the end of the day you have to look after yourself in Speedway. Good luck to him, you will definitely be entertained! 

Just close your eyes sometimes he's a bit hairy 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

The deal with Plymouth was agreed between the clubs before the parting of the ways was announced - which was less to do with on-track scores and more to do with things off-track!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Just close your eyes sometimes he's a bit hairy 

He's basically replacing Marcin who was really hairy around Ashfield. So no change there. However he proved that he could get around Armadale which Marcin didn't so another bonus for us. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The deal with Plymouth was agreed between the clubs before the parting of the ways was announced - which was less to do with on-track scores and more to do with things off-track!!

Aww they're all heart, calling him a bad apple and setting him up with someone else's barrell. 

18 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Aww they're all heart, calling him a bad apple and setting him up with someone else's barrell. 

Laughable when Glasgow sacked riders last season! 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Laughable when Glasgow sacked riders last season! 

Glasgow fans ain't moaning about riders signing for other teams :D

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Glasgow fans ain't moaning about riders signing for other teams :D

I prefer the word 'discussing.' ;)

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Good job we did then, otherwise Basso might not have been heading your way 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I am not bitter just disappointed, Basso is good and would improve most teams so good luck to him and Glasgow. He is doing what is best for him which is what he should do. I hope he has a great season for Glasgow and Peterborough, he is a nice guy and deserves it. 

It is hard for teams that give riders a break then watch them disappear the following season. That’s the benefit teams have who own their own stadium, are a city based club and can pay one of best if not best rates in league. There are very few riders full time riders who are loyal to a club nowadays. It is their profession and they will go where the money is. It is not a long career.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

No reason it’s there prerogative, but when a rider decides he wants away it becomes an issue, as Jaizer says hypocrisy at it’s finest.