Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I don't think anywhere has more restrictions than Scotland. Sturgeon is round the bend (I'm no fan of Boris or Drippy D for that matter) and i'm fully expecting this latest three week masterplan of hers to turn into another 6 month cock-up same as last year and nobody in Scotland will be able to get into the stadiums until the season is half over. 

What has the world done to deserve such s**t leaders, in this country with Sturgeon and Johnson,  USA's choice of Trump or Biden,  the short Frenchman plus many others. Ultimately 'we' vote them in, but it's either not vote or a choice of useless candidates. I know it's almost a no win situation at the moment, but we all deserve better.

• Like 4

Condolences to Tom Brennan on the passing of his Mum and to His step father Martin Dugard, R I P Sarah

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Cant agree.  Nicola Sturgeon has worked tirelessly for the past two years, keeping the nation's head above water in the face of vindictive and cynical actions by the lying and cheating Westminster posh,-boys.     IMO.

Expect that cynical extra £9 billion from  Westminster may have helped I imagine. Like I say not a fan of either, but Sturgeon is cynical as well, once the pandemic is over, she'll be banging on about independence again, as I say all a bad bunch.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, M.D said:

I just wanted to say that Tom's Mum Sarah passed away this morning..

All at Eastbourne Speedway are at a loss and we are thinking of Tom and the family

RIP Sarah x

So sad, made worse (if it can be) by the time of year somehow.

Condolences to Tom, Martin and all their families. 

5 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Cant agree.  Nicola Sturgeon has worked tirelessly for the past two years, keeping the nation's head above water in the face of vindictive and cynical actions by the lying and cheating Westminster posh,-boys.     IMO.

I hate that politics are brought into a speedway forum…….but Hear! Hear! to your statement crescent girl. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, gazzac said:

Expect that cynical extra £9 billion from  Westminster may have helped I imagine. Like I say not a fan of either, but Sturgeon is cynical as well, once the pandemic is over, she'll be banging on about independence again, as I say all a bad bunch.

Always said she would follow the science so why 500 fans in a 52000 seater stadium she is not only cynical but dangerous with it.

Not wanting to let go off her control on what people can’t do is her driving force.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Are you serious?? They're birds of a feather. Name me one thing Sturgeon and her hubby did differently from the clowns down south (apart from locking Scotland down even harder than England - with no discernible results - and smashing the economy even more).

And 'posh boys'? Lol. You think the likes of Nicola Sturgeon and Patrick Harvey were born in the ghetto? Don't be fooled by the "my mother was a seamstress" rhetoric from the likes of Labour and the SNP. They genuinely hate the working class. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Cant agree.  Nicola Sturgeon has worked tirelessly for the past two years, keeping the nation's head above water in the face of vindictive and cynical actions by the lying and cheating Westminster posh,-boys.     

Edited by Endeavour
Amendment.

18 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Are you serious?? They're birds of a feather. Name me one thing Sturgeon and her hubby did differently from the clowns down south (apart from locking Scotland down even harder than England - with no discernible results - and smashing the economy even more).

And 'posh boys'? Lol. You think the likes of Nicola Sturgeon and Patrick Harvey were born in the ghetto? Don't be fooled by the "my mother was a seamstress" rhetoric from the likes of Labour and the SNP. They genuinely hate the working class. 

I’m not an SNP apologist by any stretch but they have conducted themselves much better than Boris and his cronies. The SNP had one MP and one civil servant break COViD rules (that we’re aware of) and they were sacked. Compare that to the circus being conducted at Tory HQ/no.10. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 3:08 PM, gazzac said:

Taxes raised in Scotland go to the Uk exchequer. Not a lot of people seem to know that.

Therefore Scots are entitled to financial help from Westminster every bit as much as England. Difference is that in England the additional funding goes direct to recipients, eg hospitality, whereas the Scottish government receives a block amount which would be distributed as they think fit.

the BSPA site shows no signings for Glasgow… presumably not logged with them yet.

However most of the side seems to be announced.

Exactly who have they signed

2 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

the BSPA site shows no signings for Glasgow… presumably not logged with them yet.

All 7.

13 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

As been said several times now. No press release has been sent to bspl hence why not showing on the website. All 7 are signed, sealed and delivered