British Speedway Forum

36 minutes ago, SunnyLeith said:

Taxes raised in Scotland go to the Uk exchequer. Not a lot of people seem to know that.

Therefore Scots are entitled to financial help from Westminster every bit as much as England. Difference is that in England the additional funding goes direct to recipients, eg hospitality, whereas the Scottish government receives a block amount which would be distributed as they think fit.

It was an extra £9 billion over and above I think which I'm  not saying wasn't justified. Maybe need a better person than Sturgeon to administer it. But I'm  not Scottish so up to yourselves really. I'm not anti Scottish and like everyone I've  come into contact with, but think you have a self centred idiot in charge like we have.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 2

Mon guys it's Christmas, can we not leave the C U Next Tuesdays in charge out of the chat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Mon guys it's Christmas, can we not leave the C U Next Tuesdays in charge out of the chat?

Ok, hope you had a good xmas, and have  a happy new year. Back to speedway. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jaizer said:

It is m8 and my whole household have tested positive pity I wasn’t still in Tenerife I could have isolated in the balcony in 25 degree heat with a few beers.

have a good one :t:.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

It is m8 and my whole household have tested positive pity I wasn’t still in Tenerife I could have isolated in the balcony in 25 degree heat with a few beers.

have a good one :t:.

Merry Christmas mate. Hope family all well

45 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Merry Christmas mate. Hope family all well

To be fair if I hadn’t got tested I wouldn’t know I had it but it is what it is.

I'm sticking to South America for next "deadly variant"....it's virgin territory for scaremongering bull. And I'm also going for next autumn.

Edited by Gazc

12 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Cook. Basso. Brennan. Nicol. Ostergaard. Bailey. Hume.

R.I.P. Sarah - Tom Brennan's Mum!:cry:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Glasgow team now on official GB website

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

Glasgow team now on official GB website

I think there might have been a delay because the team comes in at exactly 42.00, after 2.5% reductions for Brits - and technically it's a few thousandths over the limit.

The Green Sheets are based on averages to hundredths, although I think they have used the thousandth if averages are the "same" and a difference needs to be worked out between, e.g. heat leader/second string/reserve (not possible of course if they've had the same number of rides and scored the same number points).

On 12/20/2021 at 2:30 PM, tyretrax said:

Folk still probably trying to catch Workington History cheques.:rolleyes:

:nono:

So Glasgows team is over ? that is going to open a new can of worms then ,lol.

Edited by jenga

19 minutes ago, jenga said:

:nono:

So Glasgows team is over ? that is going to open a new can of worms then ,lol.

Clearly it  isn't. Stop stirring

52 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I think there might have been a delay because the team comes in at exactly 42.00, after 2.5% reductions for Brits - and technically it's a few thousandths over the limit.

The Green Sheets are based on averages to hundredths, although I think they have used the thousandth if averages are the "same" and a difference needs to be worked out between, e.g. heat leader/second string/reserve (not possible of course if they've had the same number of rides and scored the same number points).

Glasgow's team total is 41.99, not 42.00, not that it matters as 42.00 is still acceptable.

Green sheet averages only go to 2 decimal places. At the beginning of a season, if 2 or more riders are on the same (usually assessed) average, the team management declares the seniority of the riders. Thereafter, when the averages change, if there are 2 or more 'tied', the previous seniority is the prevailing factor.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Clearly it  isn't. Stop stirring

did you not see the ? mark ?

1 hour ago, King Jamie said:

Glasgow's team total is 41.99, not 42.00, not that it matters as 42.00 is still acceptable.

Green sheet averages only go to 2 decimal places. At the beginning of a season, if 2 or more riders are on the same (usually assessed) average, the team management declares the seniority of the riders. Thereafter, when the averages change, if there are 2 or more 'tied', the previous seniority is the prevailing factor.

Correct. In the early 00's we had 3 3 pointers in the proposed team, and we had to select the order of those riders so the highest went to No 2 and the other 2 went to No's 6 and 7.  

Doesn't happen very often but they have to be ranked for team places and seniority.