British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Correct. In the early 00's we had 3 3 pointers in the proposed team, and we had to select the order of those riders so the highest went to No 2 and the other 2 went to No's 6 and 7.  

Doesn't happen very often but they have to be ranked for team places and seniority.  

Like you say it's mostly if have couple of assessed riders in the side. We had it with Josh G in Mitch Davey, put Mitch in main body and Josh at reserve on basis he was probably the stronger. Certainly panned out that way, although Mitchell was severely hampered by injuries, never got a proper crack at it

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Correct. In the early 00's we had 3 3 pointers in the proposed team, and we had to select the order of those riders so the highest went to No 2 and the other 2 went to No's 6 and 7.  

Doesn't happen very often but they have to be ranked for team places and seniority.  

Think we done it as well with Neath and Appleton in 1999

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Like you say it's mostly if have couple of assessed riders in the side. We had it with Josh G in Mitch Davey, put Mitch in main body and Josh at reserve on basis he was probably the stronger. Certainly panned out that way, although Mitchell was severely hampered by injuries, never got a proper crack at it

Certainly having Josh at reserve it certainly gave you good options when his real class was starting to show. Very sorry for Mitch and how injuries affected his career. A nice lad who lost his career though injuries. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jenga said:

did you not see the ? mark ?

As much as we all know you would love it if it was over it is not by normal peoples calculations, so as they say in these parts.

Roon ye.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Gazc said:

As much as we all know you would love it if it was over it is not by normal peoples calculations, so as they say in these parts.

Roon ye.

and to you my fiend

9 hours ago, King Jamie said:

Glasgow's team total is 41.99, not 42.00, not that it matters as 42.00 is still acceptable.

Green sheet averages only go to 2 decimal places. At the beginning of a season, if 2 or more riders are on the same (usually assessed) average, the team management declares the seniority of the riders. Thereafter, when the averages change, if there are 2 or more 'tied', the previous seniority is the prevailing factor.

My calculations are below.  Just out of interest, can you confirm where the 0.01 that I've over estimated is?  I'm not complaining or suggesting anything is wrong.  42.00 looks good from the points limit perspective - it' just that without the rounding after the reductions the total is 42.00150 

image.png.6b4031199de9bb45f5196f216fbe57ec.png

I used the Final Green Sheets (published to hundredths) before calculating the 2.5% reduction -  for example, Cook was 9.02 before becoming 8.79. Others: Brennan 6.03, Hume 5.01 and Bailey 4.28.

5 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

My calculations are below.  Just out of interest, can you confirm where the 0.01 that I've over estimated is?  I'm not complaining or suggesting anything is wrong.  42.00 looks good from the points limit perspective - it' just that without the rounding after the reductions the total is 42.00150 

image.png.6b4031199de9bb45f5196f216fbe57ec.png

I used the Final Green Sheets (published to hundredths) before calculating the 2.5% reduction -  for example, Cook was 9.02 before becoming 8.79. Others: Brennan 6.03, Hume 5.01 and Bailey 4.28.

Your figures add up to 41.99 not 42.00

• Haha 3

Are people really arguing over 0.01? Despite the team being officially confirmed with the BSPA? Jesus.

As a Poole fan looking in on the the Glasgow have built,am a bit jealous tbh looks quality strength in every department and definite improvement with Brennan potentially going upto atleast 7,basso upto 6-7,think Nicol could we'll get upto a mid 6 aswell.

And to take into Consideration that the reserves will improve no doubt also and that alone takes bundles of pressure of ostergaard considering he's coming back from injury and Cook aswell with so much scoring power throughout this team. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Pinny said:

Are people really arguing over 0.01? Despite the team being officially confirmed with the BSPA? Jesus.

Poole fans will when Glasgow win the league :D (just kidding...)

Looks a very strong side....hoping to see Tom Brennan kick on this season.

I think Glasgow's success depends a lot on Oyster and whether he comes back as strong as he finished?

5 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Poole fans will when Glasgow win the league :D (just kidding...)

Looks a very strong side....hoping to see Tom Brennan kick on this season.

I think Glasgow's success depends a lot on Oyster and whether he comes back as strong as he finished?

Wouldn't disagree with you there, I think if ulle can come back and average anything over 7 be happy with that given the potential elsewhere. I think the big hope would be that Tom can step up to genuine heat leader in 2022. Had more of a steady season as first out of reserve berth but still increased average slightly, and now dialled into the track sky's the limit for him... Hopefully

• Like 1

Glasgow's biggest problem for a while now has been getting their riders to all perform together. They've built sides for several years with the potential to win the league, but they always seem to have one or two not performing. Team spirit and all pulling together is the last 5% that gets sides over the line, and I think this has been their biggest weakness for a while. Hopefully soon it will all come together because their fans and owners deserve it. It'll be interesting to see how this year goes, sometimes you can have all the right ingredients, but the chef can still produce something that tastes not quite right. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Wouldn't disagree with you there, I think if ulle can come back and average anything over 7 be happy with that given the potential elsewhere. I think the big hope would be that Tom can step up to genuine heat leader in 2022. Had more of a steady season as first out of reserve berth but still increased average slightly, and now dialled into the track sky's the limit for him... Hopefully

I'd put Basso and Nicol in the bracket too. All ought to be able to step up although can't obviously do it at the same time! Unless Cook and Ostergaard went backwards of course which is highly unlikely. But all have the potential and ability to step up to the next level. 

• Like 1

I think it's fair to say that most Glasgow fans don't think we'll win the league. However we do think we are in for a fantastic season of exciting speedway. Last year we wondered whether Ulle, Ricky and Justin would do the business or would they play safe and settle for the position they were in after the 2nd bend. Ulle was unbelievable and refused to believe he was beaten. Ricky and Justin were predictable. Sam Jensen was spectacular when the track was grippy and I hope he is not lost to speedway in the UK. However their replacements Tom, Benjamin and Danyon are committed exciting young riders who will more than replace the outgoing trio. Add in the quality of our track staff and a brilliant track, which has been praised by many other riders and officials, and you can see why Glasgow fans are looking forward to a season of brilliant racing 'out of the top drawer'. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

I think it's fair to say that most Glasgow fans don't think we'll win the league. However we do think we are in for a fantastic season of exciting speedway. Last year we wondered whether Ulle, Ricky and Justin would do the business or would they play safe and settle for the position they were in after the 2nd bend. Ulle was unbelievable and refused to believe he was beaten. Ricky and Justin were predictable. Sam Jensen was spectacular when the track was grippy and I hope he is not lost to speedway in the UK. However their replacements Tom, Benjamin and Danyon are committed exciting young riders who will more than replace the outgoing trio. Add in the quality of our track staff and a brilliant track, which has been praised by many other riders and officials, and you can see why Glasgow fans are looking forward to a season of brilliant racing 'out of the top drawer'. 

Couldn't agree more, for first time under the facenna ownership we have 4 riders in the team with potential instead of the potential to be the rider they used to be. 4 guys under 23 and Hume starting to reach his potential after years of gettin left on the scrapheap. Sure be ups and downs along the way but the entertainment value should be right up there

• Like 3