British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, wtf said:

Glasgow's biggest problem for a while now has been getting their riders to all perform together. They've built sides for several years with the potential to win the league, but they always seem to have one or two not performing. Team spirit and all pulling together is the last 5% that gets sides over the line, and I think this has been their biggest weakness for a while. Hopefully soon it will all come together because their fans and owners deserve it. It'll be interesting to see how this year goes, sometimes you can have all the right ingredients, but the chef can still produce something that tastes not quite right. 

think there biggest problems were injuries at the wrong time of the season for Glasgow Arron summer one year Paul Stark another and not getting the same rider to cover them 

• Like 1

The potential is certainly there to win the League with Brennan, Basso, Bailey and Hume looking to improve, if Cookie, Oyster and Nicol can maintain there average there is every chance of success.

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

The potential is certainly there to win the League with Brennan, Basso, Bailey and Hume looking to improve, if Cookie, Oyster and Nicol can maintain there average there is every chance of success.

I think a lot of people are overlooking how low Nicol's average is. He is currently 4th in the team below Brennan and if he can and likely will put 2 points on it this Glasgow team is very dangerous indeed.

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think a lot of people are overlooking how low Nicol's average is. He is currently 4th in the team below Brennan and if he can and likely will put 2 points on it this Glasgow team is very dangerous indeed.

Yeah brocs another one, 2021 was his first full season without the Safety net of reserve berth and more or less maintained his average. He was frustratingly inconsistent, only have to look at his 2 meetings at armadale in October to see that, but should be aiming for that 3rd heat leader role with Tom and basso

50 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Didnt everyone say this about him last year? personally cant see the fuss in him at all, Brennan on the other hand could well put two pints on his 

• Like 1

Not sure if Nicol isn't one of those riders that flatters to deceive and just flat lines around 6 points. Occasionally brilliant, occasionally dross, solid second string overall. Still he won't have the responsibility of scoring big every meeting that he may have elsewhere and that may help him. 

Basso looks an outstanding typically Danish prospect. If he can dial in to Ashfield and stay fit he could be the new Ramus Jensen for the Tigers. 

Hume and Bailey can both add a point at least. 

Brennan looks the next big British rider after Tai, Lambert and Bewley. Although not in the way planned getting away from the comfort zone of a track like Eastbourne may be the making of him. 

Riders like Gordon Kennett, Martin Dugard and others have all admitted in hindsight they should have sought experience on bigger tracks sooner and riding Belle Vue, Glasgow and in Poland will improve him immeasurably. 

His links with Craig Cummings will also be a big and massive boost, the mentorship of a professional guide who has excelled on the SGP stage. 

Craig Cook can still be the out and out best in the CL and everyone will wish Ulrich all the best. 

The ones to beat for me. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

My calculations are below.  Just out of interest, can you confirm where the 0.01 that I've over estimated is?  I'm not complaining or suggesting anything is wrong.  42.00 looks good from the points limit perspective - it' just that without the rounding after the reductions the total is 42.00150 

image.png.6b4031199de9bb45f5196f216fbe57ec.png

I used the Final Green Sheets (published to hundredths) before calculating the 2.5% reduction -  for example, Cook was 9.02 before becoming 8.79. Others: Brennan 6.03, Hume 5.01 and Bailey 4.28.

Are you not embarrassed that your figures add up to 41.99.:rolleyes:

• Haha 6

Fraser Bowes 3rd in mildura masters, beating Josh Pickering. Seems to be making good progress this winter, love to see him in the stripes at some point

• Like 1

Just read that a full house for the gp meeting is 2,600 nice that glasgow get the meeting but can see lots of fans missing out, why do we have a national speedway venue and not use it?

• Haha 1

Really think Glasgow have a decent side on paper with improvements in Brennan and Nichol will determine how far the team can go. . Also love it when the Tigers fans visit us at Scunthorpe the atmosphere is brilliant and there fans although passionate are very honest when seeing good hard racing on the track ,good luck to the Tigers for the coming season as Ulle’s injury last season cost them the title 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Really think Glasgow have a decent side on paper with improvements in Brennan and Nichol will determine how far the team can go. . Also love it when the Tigers fans visit us at Scunthorpe the atmosphere is brilliant and there fans although passionate are very honest when seeing good hard racing on the track ,good luck to the Tigers for the coming season as Ulle’s injury last season cost them the title 

Cracking track at Scunthorpe, and though for some reason we cannot seem to get to grips with it it's always worth the journey for the racing :t:

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Just read that a full house for the gp meeting is 2,600 nice that glasgow get the meeting but can see lots of fans missing out, why do we have a national speedway venue and not use it?

Aye you're right enough, glasgow should've gone to all the hassle of getting FIM approval, setting things up for their specifications, hosting qualifiers last 2 full seasons, got universal praise from those involved so belle Vue can host the gp challenge :rolleyes:

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Aye you're right enough, glasgow should've gone to all the hassle of getting FIM approval, setting things up for their specifications, hosting qualifiers last 2 full seasons, got universal praise from those involved so belle Vue can host the gp challenge :rolleyes:

I was their for those 2 meetings and glasgow did a good job of hosting them , the point i am making is as many could miss out as can get in .

6 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

I was their for those 2 meetings and glasgow did a good job of hosting them , the point i am making is as many could miss out as can get in .

Be live streamed I assume. Glasgow want to host it, as I understand it BV don't as have bigger fish to fry

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2022 at 1:53 PM, Fromafar said:

Are you not embarrassed that your figures add up to 41.99.:rolleyes:

And there's the beauty/frustration of Excel.  Using the actual figures (as pointed out), after the the 2.5% reduction, it adds up to 42.0015.  Round up/down to hundredths, and it's 41.99.  Absolutely my error not spotting that, and just reading the total given by Excel, but it shows the anomalies that can creep in.  Glad everyone has had a laugh :lol:

• Like 6