British Speedway Forum

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They could say in our local press if or when Lawson is announced, if it is like mac101 says. Makes the most sense to me. 

Probably suits both clubs , Poole get an established heatleader who probably won’t ride for us anytime soon.

Glasgow get a young rider with potential to become a heatleader win win.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Was that in the local press?

these things never make the press it’s pretty normal between clubs these days or just never comes out it will  be like glasgow not  paying for cookie because there using james sarjeant 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mac101 said:

these things never make the press it’s pretty normal between clubs these days or just never comes out it will  be like glasgow not  paying for cookie because there using james sarjeant 

Tbf to Matt Ford, he has always been pretty open if assets are getting bought or going out on loan. 

It seems wrong to me that poole have got three genuine number ones while Birmingham desperately need a number one. 
if they fail to land a suitable rider I can see Birmingham folding and probably never reopening again. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

It seems wrong to me that poole have got three genuine number ones while Birmingham desperately need a number one. 
if they fail to land a suitable rider I can see Birmingham folding and probably never reopening again. 

That's the difference between the haves and have nots in some cases unfortunately. Of course there are other riders out there who Brum could sign as genuine number ones but whether they would come or could be afforded is another matter. 

I've never been keen on really top heavy teams personally (including my own) and wouldn't be against some kind of control to make sure everybody got one but how that would be governed or regulated I have no idea. Alternatively you build your team like P'boro dud and waltz to the title :D

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

That's the difference between the haves and have nots in some cases unfortunately. Of course there are other riders out there who Brum could sign as genuine number ones but whether they would come or could be afforded is another matter. 

I've never been keen on really top heavy teams personally (including my own) and wouldn't be against some kind of control to make sure everybody got one but how that would be governed or regulated I have no idea. Alternatively you build your team like P'boro dud and waltz to the title :D

Yeah I've never liked them, seen many in Glasgow and none were successful. Parker and stancl, Parker and bird, Parker greives and stancl. Problem was the James cockles, Cory Blackman's and Lee Dickens at other end of the team

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

They did have one 8 point rider per team rule in the top league a fair few years back. I think Coventry had to choose between Hamill and Hancock?? So if enough promoters want it more spread out it can be done. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah I've never liked them, seen many in Glasgow and none were successful. Parker and stancl, Parker and bird, Parker greives and stancl. Problem was the James cockles, Cory Blackman's and Lee Dickens at other end of the team

Oh IDK get the bottom end right on to a winner! 2003 Poole had Rickardsson and Adams, also had Lukas Dryml on a 6 and ended up on a 9, so that helped and Lindback on a 4 as well I think! 

Definitely have to get lucky with the lower end though. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh IDK get the bottom end right on to a winner! 2003 Poole had Rickardsson and Adams, also had Lukas Dryml on a 6 and ended up on a 9, so that helped and Lindback on a 4 as well I think! 

Definitely have to get lucky with the lower end though. 

I like a strong number 1, a decent second heat leader to back them up and solid through rest of the team. 

There's no right or wrong way as the difference between Poole and Peterborough in 2021 will tell you. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mac101 said:

saw loan deal swap for lawson 

Loan fees are based on the riders average so Poole will be paying more for Lawson than Glasgow will be for Basso 

12 hours ago, mac101 said:

Strange one that seeing one has double the others average.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 9:06 AM, Mr Blobby said:

Strange one that seeing one has double the others average.

Strange one this. I remember the good old days when tigers fans would have a go at Blobby but 5 days after his post and no ones bothered. It's as if people think his views are insignificant, shame that. 

On 1/11/2022 at 9:06 AM, Mr Blobby said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2022 at 12:01 AM, SharpenRake said:

Strange one this. I remember the good old days when tigers fans would have a go at Blobby but 5 days after his post and no ones bothered. It's as if people think his views are insignificant, shame that. 

maybe blobby is correct !

That can't be full fixture list on the Tigers site surely? Season starts mid April and finished by start of August?

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

That can't be full fixture list on the Tigers site surely? Season starts mid April and finished by start of August?

It seems to have all the league fixtures. Plus summer tourney. I guess there’s still at least one cup match to add? But that’s probably it. Very compressed.

it’ll still go on until Christmas though!

• Like 1