British Speedway Forum

18 hours ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Agreed think Poole got the better deal by far,Lawson will be riding over here for a while yet,and Imo is one of the best riders at this level if not the best. 

Agreed as that is how I see the announcement. Lawson will be in the British leagues for a few more years, whereas Basso, if he has a good year at Championship level, in 2023 will be Premiership & foreign leagues.

23 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Jacob Hook !

Isn't he the only new Aussie rider riding over here in 2022 though?

49 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Isn't he the only new Aussie rider riding over here in 2022 though?

I keep hearing that Belle Vue are chasing a young Aussie that lives in Perth??? :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

You build it into contracts they need to ride in Britain obviously as well. We're so far behind other nations, Danes have about 5/6 off top of my head that are next in line as potential top riders. Our current crop probably best been around for a long time but we won't do jack if they can't get experience riding on the continent. End of the day look at Lambert and Dan, they leave anyway!!

I think you've answered your own question there, it would never happen.

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Jacob Hook !

I'm not sure what your point was with this reply.

Yes, he is coming to the UK rather than Poland because he CAN get a visa for the UK. Many others cannot so they head for Poland (or Denmark) instead.

6 minutes ago, HenryW said:

I'm not sure what your point was with this reply.

Yes, he is coming to the UK rather than Poland because he CAN get a visa for the UK. Many others cannot so they head for Poland (or Denmark) instead.

I was just being a smart ar#e,and he is coming to your Team:D

Edited by Fromafar

4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Agreed as that is how I see the announcement. Lawson will be in the British leagues for a few more years, whereas Basso, if he has a good year at Championship level, in 2023 will be Premiership & foreign leagues.

Plus if the Poole/Basso spit was acrimonious, may have been a feeling on both sides Basso would never ride for Poole again, so why not cash in and get a reliable top performer in the championship, can either continue to use him or get loan fees, and as said this could be Basso's last season in GB.

6 hours ago, Lefty said:

I keep hearing that Belle Vue are chasing a young Aussie that lives in Perth??? :rolleyes:

Willie Lawson with a dodgy passport.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are there any fixtures (eg Scottish Cup) lined up before April the 15th? It's a bit long to wait for any action to start at Ashfield imo.

57 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Are there any fixtures (eg Scottish Cup) lined up before April the 15th? It's a bit long to wait for any action to start at Ashfield imo.

Don't think so, Scottish cup/ spring trophy both disappeared few years ago thankfully. Local derbies only stay interesting of not happening 5/6 times a season. I'd much have preferred an inter league challenge like had with Coventry few years ago. Let's guys get any gremlins out plus saw riders wouldn't see again that season. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 3:17 PM, Jaizer said:

Don't think so, Scottish cup/ spring trophy both disappeared few years ago thankfully. Local derbies only stay interesting of not happening 5/6 times a season. I'd much have preferred an inter league challenge like had with Coventry few years ago. Let's guys get any gremlins out plus saw riders wouldn't see again that season. 

Or a challenge match against a foreign team, get Esbjerg over & I'm sure plenty of fans would come to watch Woffinden!

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Or a challenge match against a foreign team, get Esbjerg over & I'm sure plenty of fans would come to watch Woffinden!

Yeah 100%. Now you mention it I'm sure we did that one year in the distant past against a Swedish outfit

When say distant past I mean early 00s. Not so distant as what some on here no doubt go back to

Edited by Jaizer

34 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah 100%. Now you mention it I'm sure we did that one year in the distant past against a Swedish outfit

When say distant past I mean early 00s. Not so distant as what some on here no doubt go back to

16 March 2003 Glasgow 38 Valsarna 52

• Thanks 1

Connor named BV no 8. Shame couldn't fit him in their NDL side as well. Came on leaps and bounds once was getting regular track time last season

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Connor named BV no 8. Shame couldn't fit him in their NDL side as well. Came on leaps and bounds once was getting regular track time last season

I think their NDL side race on a Friday

• Thanks 1