British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, wealdstone said:

For gods sake  wanted to know so could have correct money ready. For this meeting did not give a stuff how much parking was.. This meeting and pricing was down to Ben Fund Organisers not Peterborough.  Not advertised in blurb and those asked did not know

"For gods sake" - you said it Rodders. So you hand over what you know and say do you want a pound for parking. It really is that easy and uninteresting. That's me done, c u elsewhere :)

So, there are those who grumble they don't get value for money when at a speedway meeting consisting of 15 races. 

A meeting comes along with juniors and veteran bikes and what happens.....still get the grumblers.

I wonder if that is why promotors stick to 15 races plus tractor amusement?  They cannot win

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

So, there are those who grumble they don't get value for money when at a speedway meeting consisting of 15 races. 

A meeting comes along with juniors and veteran bikes and what happens.....still get the grumblers.

I wonder if that is why promotors stick to 15 races plus tractor amusement?  They cannot win

And equally complaining about grading breaks while demanding the quality racing that we wouldn't get if regrading didn't take place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

"For gods sake" - you said it Rodders. So you hand over what you know and say do you want a pound for parking. It really is that easy and uninteresting. That's me done, c u elsewhere :)

Same here, one last effort never complained about the charge, rather the serial chaos at the disabled VIP  gate.

Edited by wealdstone

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

And equally complaining about grading breaks while demanding the quality racing that we wouldn't get if regrading didn't take place.

I thought it was just me that was confused by this... there was a time when we used to moan that they didnt grade the track and therefore the racing suffered!

14 minutes ago, skydog said:

I thought it was just me that was confused by this... there was a time when we used to moan that they didnt grade the track and therefore the racing suffered!

In days of yore they had a short grade between each race and all went seamlessly ,  Race finishes  tractor out , bikes got ready for next  , ready for push off immediately after grade. Just did not get the extended delays 

2 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

In days of yore they had a short grade between each race and all went seamlessly ,  Race finishes  tractor out , bikes got ready for next  , ready for push off immediately after grade. Just did not get the extended delays 

And track rakers!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

And track rakers!

Indeed they did . My memory goes back a long way Speedway wise. Have seen  the likes  of Peter Craven, Jack Young, Split Waterman , Tommy Price ,Fred Williams and Bill Kitchen  ride. Tracks were black made of cinders in my earliest memories .  My favourite rider was Brian Crutcher.

Edited by wealdstone

On 5/10/2022 at 5:36 PM, Turnip said:

Fantastic vlog to watch of the day plus additional insight to how the fund came about.....& also sum very nice personal touches :t:

What an excellent watch.  It would be good if Discovery+ showed this as part of their speedway coverage and maybe also on the big screen at Cardiff during the racing interval or before the meeting starts.

• Like 1