Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

A good afternoon's entertainment, racing wasn't great early on but certainly a packed programme. 

When these meetings have "veteran" races, I've never heard of any of the "veteran" riders. Were they actual former riders or are they enthusiasts who've bought and restored old bikes. 

Fair play to the big lad who looped it at the start today, went down like a sack of spuds, went hob-wobbling back to the pits and came out for the rerun to finish 2nd!

• Thanks 1

Meeting got a lot better as it went on and gave the typical Peterborough racetrack. But I've gotta say it did drag a bit and there was too much filler. Absolutely appreciate these sort of meetings are more for the goodwill and hopes of rasing money for a fantastic cause, but I personally think for bringing someone who's new to the sport its a massive turn off and doesn't sell the goods of speedway.

The veterans races just wasn't needed and was a huge distraction and waste of time, I really cannot get behind who this is for other than the four lads out on track. I get and understand the junior races, but at the same time it does take away from the event and for those watching would've perhaps been best to put the juniors on before or after the meeting so it didn't disjoint the main event.

• Like 1

Wasn't helped by the extended tractor racing each time either... you'd think with the price of diesel these days we wouldn't have seen so much of it

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

Meeting got a lot better as it went on and gave the typical Peterborough racetrack. But I've gotta say it did drag a bit and there was too much filler. Absolutely appreciate these sort of meetings are more for the goodwill and hopes of rasing money for a fantastic cause, but I personally think for bringing someone who's new to the sport its a massive turn off and doesn't sell the goods of speedway.

The veterans races just wasn't needed and was a huge distraction and waste of time, I really cannot get behind who this is for other than the four lads out on track. I get and understand the junior races, but at the same time it does take away from the event and for those watching would've perhaps been best to put the juniors on before or after the meeting so it didn't disjoint the main event.

Putting the juniors on at the end is rubbish as all they get is a crap second hand track. More was learned today by sticking them on when track was good and watching them cope with it and make the required changes . 

• Like 9

A much better experience than last weeks effort at KL. Gripes would be totally unorganised  at  disabled  gate which is fairly normal, I had my money ready to pay but was informed  extra £1 required for parking. Can go along with this but if known before would have had exact money ready and waiting. Meeting well organised and proceeded  smoothly, but the the continued obsession with tractor marathons  is irritating, 

31 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

A much better experience than last weeks effort at KL. Gripes would be totally unorganised  at  disabled  gate which is fairly normal, I had my money ready to pay but was informed  extra £1 required for parking. Can go along with this but if known before would have had exact money ready and waiting. Meeting well organised and proceeded  smoothly, but the the continued obsession with tractor marathons  is irritating, 

So wasn't it an additional quid for parking last year? I haven't been for 2 years but they had been taking an additional quid for several years at that point.

6 hours ago, Crump99 said:

So wasn't it an additional quid for parking last year? I haven't been for 2 years but they had been taking an additional quid for several years at that point.

It was but no y mentioned in blurb beforehand. Have no probs paying the £1 just would have been better had known, asked about this pre meeting but no response.  

• Like 1

It was £1 to park in the car park yesterday, as it has been for years. 

Edited by Noodles
  • Haha 1

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday,  started off a bit gate and go , but that soon changed and some of the heats were top drawer . 

From my own team's perspective Tom Brennan was superb , this could be a huge season for him . 

Ulrich looked like his old self after his injury last season , until the bike gremlins . 

And young Ben Basso got better as the meeting progressed . 

But the best rider on the day came out victorious   well done Ryan Douglas .

• Like 1

Two great rides   from Jordan Palin

18 hours ago, spin king junior said:

Believe it or not lots of fans do like to see and hear the old machines ontrack. It's all part of the day's entertainment,yungsters included.

11 hours ago, wealdstone said:

It was but no y mentioned in blurb beforehand. Have no probs paying the £1 just would have been better had known, asked about this pre meeting but no response.  

Is there any reason why it shouldn't have been the usual £1? Probably why nobody replied. Wouldn't have been high on the To Do list.

10 hours ago, Noodles said:

It was £1 to park in the car park yesterday, as it has been for years. 

Assume that it was all passed to the Ben Fund because I'm sure that you recall that Horton brought in the charge to cover the club's contribution.

4 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Is there any reason why it shouldn't have been the usual £1? Probably why nobody replied. Wouldn't have been high on the To Do list.

For gods sake  wanted to know so could have correct money ready. For this meeting did not give a stuff how much parking was.. This meeting and pricing was down to Ben Fund Organisers not Peterborough.  Not advertised in blurb and those asked did not know