British Speedway Forum

For next years Benfund meeting, possibly a radical change to the previous 16 rider individual format could be introduced or even a one off special event.

Several injured riders teams are now defunct, but still have supporters who do attend different tracks to get their fix and roaming supporters visiting tracks infrequently.

Potentially a best pairs format with riders representing defunct tracks to attract a few more and a few more marketing avenues to swell the coffers.

Teams like: Workington, Coventry, Hull, Exeter, Swindon, Halifax, Cradley, Hackney, Wimbledon to mention a few.

With Team, Race Jacket and Manager sponsorship being available, hopefully this would be an attractive proposition not to mention the riders from previous being in attendance.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

For next years Benfund meeting, possibly a radical change to the previous 16 rider individual format could be introduced or even a one off special event.

Several injured riders teams are now defunct, but still have supporters who do attend different tracks to get their fix and roaming supporters visiting tracks infrequently.

Potentially a best pairs format with riders representing defunct tracks to attract a few more and a few more marketing avenues to swell the coffers.

Teams like: Workington, Coventry, Hull, Exeter, Swindon, Halifax, Cradley, Hackney, Wimbledon to mention a few.

With Team, Race Jacket and Manager sponsorship being available, hopefully this would be an attractive proposition not to mention the riders from previous being in attendance.

Great idea and do think it would be to the benefit of the Ben Fund but the mafias view on 'ghost' teams has been made quite clear. That said the standard protocol is to flip flop as and when it suits so almost certainly see Heathens, Hawks and Vikings doing battle soon

4 hours ago, secsy1 said:

I like the idea in theory. However would fans of now defunct clubs travel to support a rider that most likely has never represented their club.

The Ben Fund meeting is very important & I wish some of the more established riders would step up rather than it be a couple of reasonable stars from PL/CL with the rest being NDL riders.

Is there a line up for this anywhere? 

Edited by Bagpuss

Does anyone know if I can buy tickets online for this meeting as the website ticket page is blank?

If not will it be cash only on the turnstiles or do they take card payments?

11 hours ago, maneacat said:

I believe the line up has now changed somewhat - anybody else have up to date info? 

James Sarjeant  for Thomas Jorgensen

Steve Worrall for Kyle Howarth

Rchard Lawson for Charles Wright

Benjamin Basso for Anders Rowe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

Does anyone know if you csn pay by card at Peterborough?

Card and Cash I am told

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Card and Cash I am told

I'm sure I read somewhere that they'd prefer card payment today. 

• Thanks 1

How much is admission does anybody know?

30 minutes ago, iainb said:

How much is admission does anybody know?

Adults £20

Concession £18

Kids 10-16 years £8

Kids under 10 years FREE

Programme £4

• Thanks 1