British Speedway Forum
M.D

Eastbourne Speedway

How about re naming this thread "Eastbourne 2023"  it may make it stand out more, I will still looking at the out of date and hopefully soon to be forgotten thread.

Good to hear positive news from the club today. I guess 2022 is to soon to get the club back on track with the never ending saga by the ex promotion that obviously needs putting to bed before the management team can take over knowing everything has been settled.

A year out i guess a few Tuesday nights down to kent will keep the buzz alive for a return to Arlington in 2023.

Good luck to the new management team looking to put the effort and obviously money in to promote the sport at Arlington again.

One happy 57 year old today

1 hour ago, Jimsboy said:

Good to hear positive news from the club today. I guess 2022 is to soon to get the club back on track with the never ending saga by the ex promotion that obviously needs putting to bed before the management team can take over knowing everything has been settled.

A year out i guess a few Tuesday nights down to kent will keep the buzz alive for a return to Arlington in 2023.

Good luck to the new management team looking to put the effort and obviously money in to promote the sport at Arlington again.

One happy 57 year old today

Great news for all concerned...

12 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

Yet the season ticket holders and riders are still out of pocket?

Its is a completely new Management team that had no previous financial involvement with the past promotion.

Will there be no speedway at Eastbourne this season or just no league speedway? If get licenses etc in place for summer would bspa allow NL/ championship challenge matches and individuals?

8 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Will there be no speedway at Eastbourne this season or just no league speedway? If get licenses etc in place for summer would bspa allow NL/ championship challenge matches and individuals?

That is something that has been disscused and is being looked into 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll be there if some meetings are arranged for 2022 send it will help to keep the fan base together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hammer1969 said:

I'll be there if some meetings are arranged for 2022 send it will help to keep the fan base together.

We will also be looking to run a fans forum, video evenings with rider guests etc as the year progresses..

Interesting and upbeat news for speedway on the South Coast, and a very quick turn around after the clubs 2021 demise at the hands of Mr Jordan. Remarkable that Trevor Gear is able to claim “it had nothing to do with me guv” and quickly be given a promoters licence. 

Still don’t get who the money man is bringing the club back to the tapes. Trevor Gear is a well respected TM at Eastbourne, but don’t have him down as the  promoter fronting and funding the business side of things. 

2023 is a way off and let’s hope there is some speedway still struggling along in one two or three leagues. 

20 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Interesting and upbeat news for speedway on the South Coast, and a very quick turn around after the clubs 2021 demise at the hands of Mr Jordan. Remarkable that Trevor Gear is able to claim “it had nothing to do with me guv” and quickly be given a promoters licence. 

Still don’t get who the money man is bringing the club back to the tapes. Trevor Gear is a well respected TM at Eastbourne, but don’t have him down as the  promoter fronting and funding the business side of things. 

2023 is a way off and let’s hope there is some speedway still struggling along in one two or three leagues. 

Think Bob you will find Trevor Gear as had promoter's licence before.  So why not now? You don't need to have money in a club to be a promoter.

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Doesn't have to be the money man to be the promoter.

10 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Don't know why your worried old Bob. Eastbourne lives rent free in your mind. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Its simply being led by a group of like minded people sponsors/helpers/fans that cannot accept the end of speedway at Arlington and I am one of them. All of us have invested and lost, money into the previous club.

Having spoken with Trevor, I am convinced he had knew little regarding the financial side of the club and he was as surprised as any of us when it all went wrong!

We have a group of people that will be working with Trevor running the business side of things. As for the 'money man' there is no 'single knight in shining armour' that has come along but there are several people looking to invest. Getting the funds in place to be able to commit to 2022 would be extremely difficult but it can be done for 2023.

As mentioned elsewhere, we will be looking to share more information when we have it and hopefully have some events where we can meet with people and let them get to know us. Hopefully you will come along to such an event?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stevec said:

Its simply being led by a group of like minded people sponsors/helpers/fans that cannot accept the end of speedway at Arlington and I am one of them. All of us have invested and lost, money into the previous club.

Having spoken with Trevor, I am convinced he had knew little regarding the financial side of the club and he was as surprised as any of us when it all went wrong!

We have a group of people that will be working with Trevor running the business side of things. As for the 'money man' there is no 'single knight in shining armour' that has come along but there are several people looking to invest. Getting the funds in place to be able to commit to 2022 would be extremely difficult but it can be done for 2023.

As mentioned elsewhere, we will be looking to share more information when we have it and hopefully have some events where we can meet with people and let them get to know us. Hopefully you will come along to such an event?

The biggest lump of money will be raising the bond to lodge with the bspl i guess as the previous bond will be gone with the previous company going bust