British Speedway Forum
M.D

Eastbourne Speedway

Friend rang me last night said he heard Kent Kings promotion was coming to Eastbourne to run in 2022?

Not sure how true or if its more of a rumour thats circulating but i would have thought the BSPL would be looking to encourage clubs/tracks like Eastbourne back to tapes in March with so much uncertainty at other places

Only thing i can see stopping any speedway is the on going situation with Ian Jordan and his outstanding bills which maybe would be the blocker.

Edited by Jimsboy

34 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Friend rang me last night said he heard Kent Kings promotion was coming to Eastbourne to run in 2022?  

Seems unlikely to me...surely Len wouldn't have donated the Kent airfence to Iwade if he was planning on coming to Eastbourne, given that the airfence at Arlington needs replacing?

17 minutes ago, SuperSpeed said:

Seems unlikely to me...surely Len wouldn't have donated the Kent airfence to Iwade if he was planning on coming to Eastbourne, given that the airfence at Arlington needs replacing?

True. Bound to be lots rumours flying around for a few weeks. Still maybe something can be sorted out for Eastbourne 2022. Bspl are surely going need more tracks?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

True. Bound to be lots rumours flying around for a few weeks. Still maybe something can be sorted out for Eastbourne 2022. Bspl are surely going need more tracks?

Personally, i think 2023 is too long to wait. Speedway needs a track in the South East and Eastbourne could fill that space.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Personally, i think 2023 is too long to wait. Speedway needs a track in the South East and Eastbourne could fill that space.

i agree, the fan base will dwindle to nothing for both sides

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Guess we will have to wait see what develops. Guess the BSPL conference is a week or two away to see what comes from thst but i would have thought surely on the agenda would be to get a track either Eastbourne or Kent up and running for 2022 and give them as much support as possible. 

• Haha 1

Where is the AGM being held?

Or are they doing it on Zoom?

Given so few of them left, if they needed a venue it would at least be cheap.. 

There is a phone box in Piccadilly Gardens that hardly gets used if they are struggling to find somewhere..

Just a short walk from the train station so great transport links....  :D

20 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

surely on the agenda would be to get a track either Eastbourne or Kent up and running for 2022 and give them as much support as possible. 

Well if it is on the agenda it will be low down given speedway promoters first & foremost think “what can I do for my own business” followed by “what SPIN” can I apply to decisions I have influenced to make me look like a caring promoter who puts providing entertainment for fans, the long term future of uk speedway & rider welfare above anything else.

• Like 1

Possible open meetings in 2022 at Arlington reading in the speedway star this week.

Would one of those be the 90th that was due to take place this year? 

2 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

Possible open meetings in 2022 at Arlington reading in the speedway star this week.

Would one of those be the 90th that was due to take place this year? 

The Ben Fund would be good as well but will they have to find money for the new airfence first.

1 hour ago, hammer1969 said:

The Ben Fund would be good as well but will they have to find money for the new airfence first.

For any BSPL licensed event I would expect a new air fence is required 

1 hour ago, M.D said:

Shame, Len gave Kent's air fence to Iwade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M.D said:

Unless it's been binned, would the cut off between being able to use it and not be the age of it, or usage.? It would have done another 8 meetings or so this season if we'd have completed,  so could it not cope with a few next season instead ?

Edited by gazzac

8 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Unless it's been binned, would the cut off between being able to use it and not be the age of it, or usage.? It would have done another 8 meetings or so this season if we'd have completed,  so could it not cope with a few next season instead ?

I doubt it, they have a shelf life of 6 years then get inspected, they were lucky to get a year extension last year..