British Speedway Forum
M.D

Eastbourne Speedway

16 minutes ago, M.D said:

Who?

R Weston. He knew everything involved these last few years & defended them to the hilt, even the website with no fixtures & old averages. It seemed that only the news items were updated.

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

R Weston. He knew everything involved these last few years & defended them to the hilt, even the website with no fixtures & old averages. It seemed that only the news items were updated.

I think you mean Paul Watson?

If so Paul was the press officer and had no dealings with the management of the club itself, he has now retired from journalism.

His profile name was Richard Weston & changed it to 00000

taken from meeting thread

checked quoted name then a replied name.

During this season we had many different opinions, which we all are entitled too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Comedy Gold from Lawson if he expects fans to believe it costs him £500 to ride in a meeting.:rolleyes:

Probably not an unrealistic figure but Lawson will be including engine wear and tear, clutch parts and then the cost of the 2/3 bikes he was running spread over the season. Thers a hefty amount of start up costs involved (rightly or wrongly).

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Wasn't Kim Nilsson another of those owed money?

Im sure there was a list in the Speedway star around the time, sure Morley and Zach Waj were out of pocket a decent amount too. I know its tough to speak ill of those who can't defend themselves but Jon Cook had a fair hand in both of the clubs payment problems. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Probably not an unrealistic figure but Lawson will be including engine wear and tear, clutch parts and then the cost of the 2/3 bikes he was running spread over the season. Thers a hefty amount of start up costs involved (rightly or wrongly).

Agree with the last bit in brackets.  Spending lots of money on all new stuff every year is completely unnecessary.  A new van every year is also unnecessary.  There are so many costs to clubs and riders that can be cut.  A 10mm bolt will last for years but many will have all new every year because they're shinier - totally unnecessary.  Four helmets a meeting in each colour, totally unnecessary - did anyone see how many Emil S had accumulated?

• Like 8

4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I said same about Richard Weston a few weeks back and MD told me he was just media guy. But he always backed Jordan etc. He vanished from BSF too?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimsboy said:

I said same about Richard Weston a few weeks back and MD told me he was just media guy. But he always backed Jordan etc. He vanished from BSF too?

To be fair, we all backed Jordan..

I thought he was the man who was taking the club forward and I liked what he was doing

Trouble was, only he knew what a mess the club was in for whatever reason and it just fell apart like a pack of cards taking a lot of good people by suprise.

11 hours ago, M.D said:

I thought he was the man who was taking the club forward and I liked what he was doing

Trouble was, only he knew what a mess the club was in for whatever reason and it just fell apart like a pack of cards taking a lot of good people by suprise.

Yes. But surely everyone can now back each other and get to the bottom what he has done with all the money?

17 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Agree with the last bit in brackets.  Spending lots of money on all new stuff every year is completely unnecessary.  A new van every year is also unnecessary.  There are so many costs to clubs and riders that can be cut.  A 10mm bolt will last for years but many will have all new every year because they're shinier - totally unnecessary.  Four helmets a meeting in each colour, totally unnecessary - did anyone see how many Emil S had accumulated?

Vans are usually leased due to high mileage, hence new every year as it costs the same. Not many riders in UK even use the 2 helmets a meeting they'd need.

Emil's would all be sponsored.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimsboy said:

Yes. But surely everyone can now back each other and get to the bottom what he has done with all the money?

Eveey person i have ever known thats run a tipping line has been vermin, even i was sucked in tho, i thought , like md that he was the bloke to take the club forward, a confidence trickster would be a fair summary of what he has done .

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 7:34 PM, M.D said:

I never backed him, he talked a good game. I knew from the Edinburgh meeting that the sums didn't add up. The crowd on a lovely summers evening was 200 down on the previous 2 meetings. It was downhill from then on.

11 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I never backed him, he talked a good game. I knew from the Edinburgh meeting that the sums didn't add up. The crowd on a lovely summers evening was 200 down on the previous 2 meetings. It was downhill from then on.

Well it appears nothing is going to be done or able to be done about Jordan which is totally wrong.

We now going to have to back the new management team if we want speedway at Eastbourne to return.

• Like 1

With all these riders allegedly owed money by the company running Speedway at Arlington in 2021, they surely have reason  to seek legal advice to attempt to recover the monies allegedly owed. 

Or is it the case that none of these riders have anything that will stand up in court to prove that they are owed money ? The Douglas/Cook promotion at Lakeside and recently the Jordan/ Cook/ Fineing promotion at Eastbourne must be held to account.

7 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

With all these riders allegedly owed money by the company running Speedway at Arlington in 2021, they surely have reason  to seek legal advice to attempt to recover the monies allegedly owed.

Recover the money from whom?

The company is bust.  The BSPA seize the riding assets and try to sell them (e.g. Tom Brennan to Glasgow), and an administrator will wind up any physical assets, but that's not much money to be realised, and a hell of a lot of creditors looking for a share of it.

• Like 4