British Speedway Forum
M.D

Eastbourne Speedway

4 hours ago, KevtheRev said:

Eastbourne's tractors up for sale on Facebook Marketplace.

2 x 1970 Zetor Tractors  - up for £1750 ( each i presume)

Just out of interest, have you got a link to this please?

5 hours ago, KevtheRev said:

Eastbourne's tractors up for sale on Facebook Marketplace.

2 x 1970 Zetor Tractors  - up for £1750 ( each i presume)

Looks like another bill for any new promotion. It keeps adding up.

28 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Looks like another bill for any new promotion. It keeps adding up.

This was known from the start so not new, I'm just surprised they are listed as both tractors are owned by different people, one of them is scrapped anyway

Fake news I think because I cant find a listing.

5 hours ago, M.D said:

This was known from the start so not new, I'm just surprised they are listed as both tractors are owned by different people, one of them is scrapped anyway

Fake news I think because I cant find a listing.

You are wrong. Nothing fake at all.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1122340178603286/

Edited by KevtheRev

9 hours ago, KevtheRev said:

You are wrong. Nothing fake at all.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1122340178603286/

My appologies but I can see the confusion now, these two tractors went a while ago, 1 I thought was scrapped but looks like its running.

The remaining and fully running tractor is still at the stadium ready for use, another will be needed though.

• Like 1

You could always borrow some from Buster. He has a fleet of tractors, trailers and other kit parked out the back but then he might need them. Stox on Saturday night, speedway on Sunday afternoon was a superb turn around for Lewis Kerr testimonial.

• Like 1

Speedway Star has Tom Brennan as the one to watch - both for Belle Vue and Glasgow. Just shows what poor old Eastbourne fans are missing. Now he's gone to Glasgow.

16 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Speedway Star has Tom Brennan as the one to watch - both for Belle Vue and Glasgow. Just shows what poor old Eastbourne fans are missing. Now he's gone to Glasgow.

Think kemp and Brennan could easily put combined 4 points on their averages this season. Was a really good young side building there

1 hour ago, FromBendThree said:

43 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Think kemp and Brennan could easily put combined 4 points on their averages this season. Was a really good young side building there

And Edwards and Abblit, oh well 5 years of proper NL development wasted for us, just gauling others get the reward of the hard work the Dugards and others put in, not BV or Glasgow's fault I know but still grates. 

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, gazzac said:

And Edwards and Abblit, oh well 5 years of proper NL development wasted for us, just gauling others get the reward of the hard work the Dugards and others put in, not BV or Glasgow's fault I know but still grates. 

I can understand how you feel. Flicking through the Star again this morning, I can see other 'Eastbourne riders' picked out. This must really heighten the sadness down on the south coast. Hope you are back in 2023 but speedway will need a sort out if there are to be enough riders to go round. Where would Oxofrd have been this year in the Eagles and Kent Kings had run?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

I can understand how you feel. Flicking through the Star again this morning, I can see other 'Eastbourne riders' picked out. This must really heighten the sadness down on the south coast. Hope you are back in 2023 but speedway will need a sort out if there are to be enough riders to go round. Where would Oxofrd have been this year in the Eagles and Kent Kings had run?

More teams like Oxford, Glasgow and Poole need to move to a slightly diluted cheaper Premiership , and the Championship then needs to be somewhere between what it is now and the NL with sdl/mdl second halves. Still be a problem with rider numbers though I imagine and a few club/promoters self interest, but it'll only get worse next season as you say. I'd happily see Eastbourne at the lower level, had some great racing in the NL when it was a decent level. Ideally have 10 teams in each league if a few could come up from the NL or any more to come back like Oxford. Hopefully make slightly more even teams in both leagues, all a dream I know, but one way or another something needs to be done.

Edited by gazzac

I Think lot of speedways fan wish like see bring old teams back!!! like Reading, Rye House, Halifax, London and many more.

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

More teams like Oxford, Glasgow and Poole need to move to a slightly diluted cheaper Premiership , and the Championship then needs to be somewhere between what it is now and the NL with sdl/mdl second halves. Still be a problem with rider numbers though I imagine and a few club/promoters self interest, but it'll only get worse next season as you say. I'd happily see Eastbourne at the lower level, had some great racing in the NL when it was a decent level. Ideally have 10 teams in each league if a few could come up from the NL or any more to come back like Oxford. Hopefully make slightly more even teams in both leagues, all a dream I know, but one way or another something needs to be done.

I agree with a lot of this @gazzac, I've said for a while if we get more teams join the second division next year we need some form of limits on top end Strength to spread the heat leaders around.

It's a real worry the lack of riders at the moment and I can't see the likes of Poole moving up because of race nights to even out the numbers in both divisions.

4 minutes ago, M.D said:

I agree with a lot of this @gazzac, I've said for a while if we get more teams join the second division next year we need some form of limits on top end Strength to spread the heat leaders around.

It's a real worry the lack of riders at the moment and I can't see the likes of Poole moving up because of race nights to even out the numbers in both divisions.

If the Prem let teams ride on the night they want they 2/3 might move up. Although Poole seemed to think there was a 30% saving in money when riding in the Champ compared to the Prem. 

5 minutes ago, M.D said:

there's no shortage of young ones but they'd need to be in a weaker div2 than currently. So what if they wobble for a bit, 2nd div in 68 was full of wobblers, some of whom went on to the 1st division within a year or 2