British Speedway Forum
M.D

Eastbourne Speedway

2 minutes ago, M.D said:

So far wide of the mark mate, but this is looking for sponsors and any investors.

Do you honestly think we would be this far down the road without investment in place already?

Obviously not enough then. 

15 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

“If we can raise the money and get the help required we can run speedway.”

So no, you don’t have the money.

Edited by Diamondboy

Chance for those Eastbourne fans who have been so critical of the way things were done at Arlington by the last promotion and its predecessors over 30 years or more to come forward and help run and finance the club in the way they would like. Can’t remember such an opportunity, at least in the south east, where changes in promoting rights have in the past been dealt with in private. Hope those email inboxes have been filling up since the announcement came. Good luck Eagles.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Chance for those Eastbourne fans who have been so critical of the way things were done at Arlington by the last promotion and its predecessors over 30 years or more to come forward and help run and finance the club in the way they would like. Can’t remember such an opportunity, at least in the south east, where changes in promoting rights have in the past been dealt with in private. Hope those email inboxes have been filling up since the announcement came. Good luck Eagles.

Thank you, we are trying to save a great club in the South East of England that has been tarnished by a previous management structure 

We have the support of the stadium owners, the BSPL, investors and sponsors but we are looking for more to get it off the ground, we will work on this...

• Like 2

National league would seem the most sensible option

Be good to see the Eagles back 

• Like 1

Would take any speedway.

My children are 12 + 16 this is the first speedway season (pandemic apart) they have not been to a speedway meeting. Although they are looking forward to Cardiff SGP and the British Final should tickets ever become available. 

As for Eastbourne let's hope they kind find some significant backing. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 7:31 PM, noaksey said:

National league would seem the most sensible option

Be good to see the Eagles back 

the prob is the NL is a mile off what it was 5-6 yrs ago

• Like 1

Just now, ruckerroo said:

the prob is the NL is a mile off what it was 5-6 yrs ago

Agreed but the costs are sustainable generally

The championship is tricky doubly so given the Eagles request for assistance/sponsorship. See Birmingham, Newcastle and the last effort of the Eagles for evidence.

2 hours ago, noaksey said:

Agreed but the costs are sustainable generally

The championship is tricky doubly so given the Eagles request for assistance/sponsorship. See Birmingham, Newcastle and the last effort of the Eagles for evidence.

Yes but the set up costs in a lot of areas are still high, need a new air fence, tractor all of the track equipment is old and by the time 2023 comes round will have been left sitting there unsed for 18 months.

6 hours ago, M.D said:

Yes but the set up costs in a lot of areas are still high, need a new air fence, tractor all of the track equipment is old and by the time 2023 comes round will have been left sitting there unsed for 18 months.

I see the issue. Those costs apply whether it is Prem or Ndl. I guess that many other Ongoing  costs such as first aid, ref’s fee, ambulance are the same whichever league you are in. Saving is riders’ wages etc. And is the rent the same no matter which league? CL is where Eagles need to be. The NDl is nothing like the standard it was in 2018 when Martin and Connor delivered the title.

20 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

I see the issue. Those costs apply whether it is Prem or Ndl. I guess that many other Ongoing  costs such as first aid, ref’s fee, ambulance are the same whichever league you are in. Saving is riders’ wages etc. And is the rent the same no matter which league? CL is where Eagles need to be. The NDl is nothing like the standard it was in 2018 when Martin and Connor delivered the title.

There will be an interview in this weeks Speedway Star explaining a few things..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M.D said:

There will be an interview in this weeks Speedway Star explaining a few things..

Good luck to Eastbourne -----the South Coast rivalry is sorely missed.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Good luck to Eastbourne -----the South Coast rivalry is sorely missed.

It is indeed, very much so and thank you

• Like 1

I hope you and associates are successful.

One thing the last 10 months have shown me is how easy it is to ‘forget’ speedway. Saturday nights have revolved around Arlington for almost 20 years but with no other speedway in the vicinity, other things have taken its place.

I no longer log in to this site or the BSPL to see what’s going on, I have no team to support. When I watch the coverage on Eurosport I can see, as an outsider, what a challenge it is to get folk interested. The meetings are drawn out and take far too long. Sam Ermolenko is not very articulate and for all his experience hopeless at media duties. Kelvin Tatum is brilliant, knowledgable and well spoken but unfortunately he is one man band. Abbi tries hard but overdoes the enthusiasm a little.

It really does show that speedway is a spectacle that needs to be experienced live, the sounds, smell and sheer speed cannot be captured on TV.

I, for one, will be beating a track to Arlington as soon as you are up and running. Good luck.

• Like 3

On 6/21/2022 at 4:38 PM, M.D said:

Appears Eastbourne fans will have to dig very, very deep to get speedway back at Arlington. Article shows the task ahead is a mammoth one. Also says long term deal for stadium use is not certain. Anyone know if the banger racing track off A23 near Gatwick could run speedway too? Would give a greater catchment area