British Speedway Forum
M.D

Eastbourne Speedway

2 minutes ago, M.D said:

Statement from the clubs new management

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.39824

At least Trevor Geer has been with the club in one form or another for so long so knows the former ethos along with the Dugards. Just hope the year out doesn't loose a lot of the current fan base, I think unlikely and hopefully will fire everyone up again. Also gives a bit of extra time to see which way the leagues go again,( good NL again etc)one would think though with Trevor at the helm they will be trying for at least championship level again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

No suprise. It's basically what i heard at Kent on Tuesday.

Well its official now.

3 minutes ago, M.D said:

Well its official now.

No secrets in speedway mate, it's a very small world.

Was hoping that maybe they could have run next season at NDL level to keep the fan base going. Still at least with Trevor still being there we still have a chance of running in 2023.

Good news about a possible 2023 return, especially if Trevor Geer is involved, because he's had close ties with the Dugard family over the years.

35 minutes ago, rainhamred said:

Was hoping that maybe they could have run next season at NDL level to keep the fan base going. Still at least with Trevor still being there we still have a chance of running in 2023.

1 minute ago, lucifer sam said:

Good news about a possible 2023 return, especially if Trevor Geer is involved, because he's had close ties with the Dugard family over the years.

Whats all this Possible 2023 stuff?

Eastbourne will run 2023 in one of the top two leagues, not NDL

Just now, M.D said:

Thought that would be the case, think he's only had involvement in those leagues, it was Connor and Martin Dugard who were behind the success in the NL.

Well I am pleased to read this after all the despondency on Estbourne threads. I hope that there is no carry over of ill feeling when the new management get going. After a worrying season at least there are some faint of signs of recovery in speedway's prospects. With Newcastle running and the revival of Oxford on the cards,  speedway moves on. Fingers crossed for the Brummies and I still hope - probably vainly -  for my beloved Bees to return. I do hope the BSPA can make sensible decisions for the future.  Cots need to be reasonable and there needs to be a concerted effort to develop home riders - all promoters need to pull together for the benefit of the sport. Perhaps the problems we've had this season might focus a few minds - I hope so.

35 minutes ago, M.D said:

I didn't mention National League. I took it from the link you provided, which mentions a possible return in 2023.  Hope all goes well!

1 minute ago, lucifer sam said:

I didn't mention National League. I took it from the link you provided, which mentions a possible return in 2023.  Hope all goes well!

My mistake and thank you

51 minutes ago, M.D said:

It's not 100% sure, even you can't say it is.

13 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

It's not 100% sure, even you can't say it is.

Nothing in life is sure, so will go 99%

There has been a lot of work by the management of Eastbourne, the Dugards and the BSPL to make sure we have the best possible chance to get to tapes in 2023.

Edited by M.D
  • Like 4