British Speedway Forum
M.D

Eastbourne Speedway

Would one of those 4 be you, MD ? very best of luck with attempting to get speedway back at arlo  if it is you 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Would one of those 4 be you, MD ? very best of luck with attempting to get speedway back at arlo  if it is you 

Yes it is mate, Im Mark and Thank you

Edited by M.D

Good to see The Argus giving the Eastbourne Eagles situation some publicity. Good luck to all involved - £150,000++ + anybody got a tractor ??? 

Edited by Hackett
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hackett said:

Good to see The Argus giving the Eastbourne Eagles situation some publicity. Good luck to all involved - £150,000++ + anybody got a tractor ??? 

That is the start up costs but as the article states, we are some way down that road already and talking to potential sponsors for next season..

6 hours ago, M.D said:

That is the start up costs but as the article states, we are some way down that road already and talking to potential sponsors for next season..

Hi there, very best of luck to you. I sure am missing my visits to Arlington this season, and it’s been one of my favourite tracks for many years.

I’ll keep everything crossed for you but that’s a whopping start up cost and then it was already loss making.

Interesting to read that the rent is double what you expected, does that mean the landlord has increased it since last season or it purely means that you estimated it and it was far more than expected.

Any thoughts on doing a share scheme? 100 fans buying in at £1000 each for example?

5 hours ago, Marky_Mark said:

Hi there, very best of luck to you. I sure am missing my visits to Arlington this season, and it’s been one of my favourite tracks for many years.

I’ll keep everything crossed for you but that’s a whopping start up cost and then it was already loss making.

Interesting to read that the rent is double what you expected, does that mean the landlord has increased it since last season or it purely means that you estimated it and it was far more than expected.

Any thoughts on doing a share scheme? 100 fans buying in at £1000 each for example?

Hi and Thank you,

The Dugard's have doubled what the previous promotion paid in rent but its in line with a lot of tracks now..

We are exploring every avenue but at the moment we are trying to see what sponsorship will be pledged before we do anything else.

Edited by M.D
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, M.D said:

Hi and Thank you,

The Dugard's have doubled what the previous promotion paid in rent but its in line with a lot of tracks now..

We are exploring every avenue but at the moment we are trying to see what sponsorship will be pledged before we do anything else.

Ouch! The previous promotion made a loss and now you want to try and re-open paying double the rent!

Don’t get me wrong you have my full support and I really hope you succeed but it’s going to be incredibly hard to get up and running and break even?

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2022 at 5:05 AM, M.D said:

Hi and Thank you,

........ and I thought the Dugard's were a speedway family but now they are out, business is business!

31 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

........ and I thought the Dugard's were a speedway family but now they are out, business is business!

That's a bit harsh really, if it was a pure buisness decision then they wouldn't want speedway at the venue. It costs money with staff etc and they would be happy just running cars that they make money out of without the aggravation of running speedway.

They are very supportive and the rent is realistic and a lot lower than most clubs, they are happy for us to run the sport at the stadium and thats a big positive..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Riders’ wages will also need to be realistic. The Newcastle article in this weeks speedway star is very informative, as was the previous weeks about Brummies. At Div 2 level, speedway is not a full-time job but can be a well paid hobby, as it was in 60s/70s for many riders who managed a comfortable lifestyle.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2022 at 3:12 PM, Hackett said:

Couple of tractors for sale at Newcastle but would not trust the guy who is trying to sell them !!!

17 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Riders’ wages will also need to be realistic. The Newcastle article in this weeks speedway star is very informative, as was the previous weeks about Brummies. At Div 2 level, speedway is not a full-time job but can be a well paid hobby, as it was in 60s/70s for many riders who managed a comfortable lifestyle.

So about the level of the NL back in 2015/18 that was so successful, cheaper, brought on the youngsters.......

• Like 1

18 hours ago, M.D said:

That's a bit harsh really, if it was a pure buisness decision then they wouldn't want speedway at the venue. It costs money with staff etc and they would be happy just running cars that they make money out of without the aggravation of running speedway.

They are very supportive and the rent is realistic and a lot lower than most clubs, they are happy for us to run the sport at the stadium and thats a big positive..

I thought that would be the case, imagine with all the increases in costs, electricity, insurance etc and probably charging under the going rate previously, it probably costs double to open the gates now than in 2019/20.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

So about the level of the NL back in 2015/18 that was so successful, cheaper, brought on the youngsters.......

Yes around that level would work well.