British Speedway Forum
M.D

Eastbourne Speedway

30 minutes ago, lewy said:

The biggest lump of money will be raising the bond to lodge with the bspl i guess as the previous bond will be gone with the previous company going bust 

That and it seems we will need to replace the air fence.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stevec said:

Think the track the size of eastbourne you would be talking of around 20k

• Like 2

Just now, Trackerman48 said:

Think the track the size of eastbourne you would be talking of around 20k

More £25K I think

Just now, M.D said:

More £25K I think

Depends which one you go for MD I know eastbourne is no bigger than wolves so you could have one for around 20k like I said

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Depends which one you go for MD I know eastbourne is no bigger than wolves so you could have one for around 20k like I said

Perfect thank you

48 minutes ago, stevec said:

Good luck to all concerned.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

We will certainly be exploring all options.

Edited by stevec

I don't think you'll be the only club looking to replace their air fence?! A number of them bought around the same time are now coming to the end of their natural (10 year?) life.

However if today's rumours are true then Kent should have one going on the cheap!

If the Kent situation is confirmed as true, which seems likely, does make you wonder if some tie up with Len and the Dugards may have been put in the pipeline. Expect MD will know, although probably wouldn't comment one way or another I expect! 

4 minutes ago, gazzac said:

If the Kent situation is confirmed as true, which seems likely, does make you wonder if some tie up with Len and the Dugards may have been put in the pipeline. Expect MD will know, although probably wouldn't comment one way or another I expect! 

Of course, Oxford will also be looking for an air fence, a team and maybe even a promoter??

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Of course, Oxford will also be looking for an air fence, a team and maybe even a promoter??

I know I've just done it, but suppose we shouldn't pick the bones until we know for sure, still don't want to lose another club, especially a local derby.

Len would be an asset to any Club but be great for South and London if he could revive Eastbourne. 

His track preparation skills would come in handy too, as it was awful at Arlington on my first 2 visits in 2021, but  better for the Scunthorpe match when Gerald Richter took over. 

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I don't think you'll be the only club looking to replace their air fence?! A number of them bought around the same time are now coming to the end of their natural (10 year?) life.

However if today's rumours are true then Kent should have one going on the cheap!

Including Pooles

Surely if Kent are closing move the show to Eastbourne and open next season.

18 hours ago, sugarray said:

Including Pooles

Absolutely! Thats why I posted the comment!!

• Like 1