British Speedway Forum
Racin Jason 72

Kent kings are no more ??

Just now, gazzac said:

If it is dreadful, ***k up the NL and then force a club in 2 leagues out, brilliant!

Same as happened to Workington. Glasgow got hefty fine as well in 2014. Those are rules unfortunately if don't fulfil you're fixtures.

Really hope it's not true seemed a club with good organisation and good future ahead of it

• Like 1

Like many others I am very surprised by this sad news - I may be clutching at straws but Dan’s Facebook post says that Kent Kings will not be running in 2022 but does not mention Kent Royals - Is Len going National League only? - Again like many others I have really enjoyed my trips to Central Park this past season where we have seen good speedway and sincerely hope that this is not the end - If it is then thank you Len for running these past few years -

Dan specifically says the Kent Kings won’t be running in 2022.

Maybe the accountant has sent the Kings 2022 accounts to Len . Running CL with Scott and Troy must have cost a few Bob. No local derbies exist for Kent in the CL since the demise of EB …crowds seemed no bigger than the usual NDL turnout other then EB fixtures. 

Maybe it’s just a third tier side that will be operating in 2022. ? 

Maybe access to the track with the greyhound people is problematic in 2022? 

Maybe planning permission is again an issue ? 

Maybe Len has decided to take a well earned retirement ? 

All will become clear in next weeks Speedway Star ? 

Think to stop all this speculation then Kent need to say one way or the other, or maybe the BSPL what is happening and why?

• Like 1

Nothing at all on Kent's official website.

Really hope that this might be a false alarm.

That's why I fear for future of  Birmingham and Newcastle  as they all have the same landlord and somthing tells me they are not a speedway friendly outfit 

Edited by zlata prilba
  • Like 4

I gather that the landlords were seeking an unsustainable increase in rent, so nothing to do with failure to run the final fixture. 
But then, that might also be a rumour. 
What is not is that Len has said that, as he promoted a meeting to celebrate British speedway’s 50th anniversary, he was planning on promoting one for the 100th. In 2028!

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Could it be just the NDL team that hes not running, 

If the championship team doesn't run does this free up a place in championship now for Wolves if CVS carries out his threat to leave the premiership if its only 6 teams

Wolves won’t be in championship under CVS, he’s always stated he will have only run in top league

Looks like kings want to continue but haven’t got a track.  Eastbourne have a track but no team.  Seems like 1991 when Wimbledon relocated to Eastbourne 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, zlata prilba said:

That's why I fear for future of  Birmingham and Newcastle  as they all have the same landlord and somthing tells me they are not a speedway friendly outfit 

Arc only want a dog track with a high wall around it. TV betting will pay for everything else and no need to use the stadium for anything else. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Maybe it's a knock on from sliver ski going under not refunding people who booked holidays and the high court chasing them for money?? 

I really hope something can be done as we really cant afford to loose any more clubs

It’s been said but unconfirmed that the new owner of Central Park has upped the rent for speedway significantly which has caused this issue. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

It’s been said but unconfirmed that the new owner of Central Park has upped the rent for speedway significantly which has caused this issue. 

I led to believe it's the same at other tracks they own,  but I maybe wrong. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Dan gilkes has posted on his Facebook page that he has been informed be Len silver that Kent won’t be running next season. Anybody know anything more ? 

Sad news if true. Really enjoyed our trip to Kent this year. Fans very friendly and made us so welcome.

• Like 1

I did wonder how long the relationship would last at Sittingbourne now a new owner has taken over the dog racing at Central Park. I do believe Roger Cearns is no longer involved ? 

So that's Kent , Birmingham, Newcastle, and Poole all with dodgy landlords.

It is amazing that landlords of stadia seem happy to take NO RENT AT ALL from a tenant rather than a modest increase. It's hardly likely that they have a queue of new tenants with bulging wallets .......... unless the ulterior motive is to run the stadia into the ground with no sporting activities and then sell out for mega bucks to a property developer.(or a car park entrepreneur) 

• Like 4