British Speedway Forum
Racin Jason 72

Kent kings are no more ??

23 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

If one of the other reasons for LS deciding enough is enough is being fined for not completing by 31/10 then this is a disgrace when both Poole and Glasgow are allowed to race on into November. 

Failure to compete league fixtures

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

If one of the other reasons for LS deciding enough is enough is being fined for not completing by 31/10 then this is a disgrace when both Poole and Glasgow are allowed to race on into November. 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Failure to compete league fixtures

Which, a suppose has nothing to do with the league? :blink:

You can sort of understand why some folk may feel a bit miffed.

7 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Which, a suppose has nothing to do with the league? :blink:

You can sort of understand why some folk may feel a bit miffed.

Case in point being Workington situation, I believe arena Essex 2 days in a row, first day won league play offs, 2nd day match called off midway through due to frost, 3k fine as it was an outstanding league match. Understand the frustration but 2 separate things. As I've said before we got fine in 2014 that nearly finished us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can’t see that’s the reason as they were denied permission to race a home fixture at mildenhall and then were allowed to race at Leicester before the weather beat them.  
I think they made every effort possible.

I think the stadium owners have found a loophole in the caveat that said speedway must be retained at the stadium and pushed the rental up so it’s impossible to continue 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

If there was a single reason for Uncle Lens decision then it would be easy to argue against but its a perfect storm of multiple things against vs very few positives that have clearly strained the patience of the most stubborn of men. Kent have been afforded the luxury of a very supportive landlord previously and some hefty sponsorships, Len has said that Kent made a profit each year, if that is no longer the case he isn't going to continue throwing good money after bad. Rent increases, track access, an expensive CL team that failed to make the play offs, rider retirements, rider grumblings, an under performing NDL team, a set of rules imposed upon the NDL making it a lesser attractive product (Len was the NDL spokesman and wasn't even consulted), throw a fine in at the end and you can see why there are plenty of reasons to walk away. 

The gesture to donate the air fence and some track equipment to Iwade though is an act of pure gold. To enable and benefit a local training track rather than seek a few personal pounds back speaks volumes about the man and how he has been a life long benefit to the sport of speedway. 

Spot on..

And when/(if), someone like Len Silver decides that "time is up" you should really take heed if you are one of the other promoters...

Still...

I am sure many of those left know best.. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Len has given the air fence and track equipment to Iwade. Seems pretty final to me.

Not sure the gesture squares with his statement made yesterday when he said  
"I sincerely hope that Speedway has a future at Central Park and I will do all in my power to help that happen.”
Maybe he has loaned the gear to Iwade rather than given it away?

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Spot on..

And when/(if), someone like Len Silver decides that "time is up" you should really take heed if you are one of the other promoters...

Still...

I am sure many of those left know best.. :rolleyes:

Doubt it mike they will be too busy fighting over the riders that are now available 

• Like 2

In his statement on SGB LS says:
" The delay in receiving a written agreement (re the sale of the stadium) was such that we were unable to plan for 2022 and we were forced to release all our riders.
However it reads as if the agreement including the the proviso that Speedway remained was put in place did arrive in time but riders have been released a tad prematurely, presuming details of team averages etc have not yet been decided/agreed otherwise by now many more riders would have been signed and teams finalised...Wouldnt they? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

In his statement on SGB LS says:
" The delay in receiving a written agreement (re the sale of the stadium) was such that we were unable to plan for 2022 and we were forced to release all our riders.
However it reads as if the agreement including the the proviso that Speedway remained was put in place did arrive in time but riders have been released a tad prematurely, presuming details of team averages etc have not yet been decided/agreed otherwise by now many more riders would have been signed and teams finalised...Wouldnt they? 

"only to discover that the delay in receiving a written agreement was such that we were unable to plan for 2022 and we were forced to release all our riders."

Its not the clearest statement in the world and there are clearly multiple factors at play (including the non completion of fixture fine) but reading the above sounds like Len couldn't get hold of the required paperwork in time to submit his intent to run the 2022 season to the Board. If that is the case then fair enough from Len to not attempt to commit riders when he might not be granted a place in the league, he certainly doesn't tow the line as the mafia bosses would like and it certainly doesn't sound like there has been any attempts to keep him or the club active. Its also pretty telling that there has been no statement from the Board or Controllers wishing a legend of the sport a happy and well earnt retirement.  

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

"only to discover that the delay in receiving a written agreement was such that we were unable to plan for 2022 and we were forced to release all our riders."

Its not the clearest statement in the world and there are clearly multiple factors at play (including the non completion of fixture fine) but reading the above sounds like Len couldn't get hold of the required paperwork in time to submit his intent to run the 2022 season to the Board. If that is the case then fair enough from Len to not attempt to commit riders when he might not be granted a place in the league, he certainly doesn't tow the line as the mafia bosses would like and it certainly doesn't sound like there has been any attempts to keep him or the club active. Its also pretty telling that there has been no statement from the Board or Controllers wishing a legend of the sport a happy and well earnt retirement.  

Have Birmingham commited to run in 2022. It's all smoke and mirrors to me.

31 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

NO

Exactly. These deadlines mean very little. What about Oxford, are they going to be denied a place, if the stadium works are completed on time.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Extra time could have been given, surely?  It's happened before.