British Speedway Forum
Racin Jason 72

Kent kings are no more ??

Confirmed on Website no Championship speedway at CP.

So no Speedway left in South East....and very little left elsewhere!!!!

Expect Mullford to concentrate on Grastrack … seems to be where his interests lie …..

Everyone mentions Eastbourne as an option but not racing in league until 2023 according to Trev Gear. ….and  Oxford still haven’t achieved membership of the secret society . 

31 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Confirmed on Website no Championship speedway at CP.

So no Speedway left in South East....and very little left elsewhere!!!!

Premiership then ?

1 minute ago, FromBendThree said:

Seems unlikely from the Kent statement but it is not 100pc clear, to be fair.

Friend who goes to Kent every week says Terry Russell been a regular there. Maybe here move his Swindon setup into Central Park. And that where Doyley is coming back and racing in the UK 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is another statement on the Kent website that clears a few things up. 

Len originally wanted to go Premier league but it created too many problems so decided CL was the limit, the biggest problem is the curfew of finishing racing by 8.30, so I doubt PL will ever be at CP. 

If ARC don’t/can’t guarantee use of the stadium for speedway … it’s a dead duck. 

IMO, don’t think Len would have retired if he thought there was a realistic chance of an amicable agreement with ARC. This must have been going on for a while now behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

The Kent situation seems pretty clear from the latest statement - the stadium 'sale' documentation between ARC and Cearns should have included that speedway would continue under the new stadium ownership!  This appears not to have been the case and ARC are now spreading the rumour that the local Council 'do not want speedway there' -despite no complaints or evidence of contravening any planning consent.  

Hence no speedway in 2022, but......................??

Edited by Skidder1

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The Kent situation seems pretty clear from the latest statement - the stadium 'sale' documentation between ARC and Cearns should have included that speedway would continue under the new stadium ownership!  This appears not to have been the case and ARC are now spreading the rumour that the local Council 'do not want speedway there' -despite no complaints or evidence of contravening any planning consent.  

Hence no speedway in 2022, but......................??

Amazing how stadium/land owners are allowed to get away with blatant lies untruths! :mad: 

Just the same as the current Coventry situation!

• Like 1

I hope Kent, or any other club come to that, isn't lost to the sport. I haven't actually been to Central Park but was looking forward to visiting asap as it looks like a fantastic venue. 

Wish everyone at Kent all the best in keeping the club alive as I only know too well what it's like to lose your local track as I live in Long Eaton.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

I hope Kent, or any other club come to that, isn't lost to the sport. I haven't actually been to Central Park but was looking forward to visiting asap as it looks like a fantastic venue. 

Wish everyone at Kent all the best in keeping the club alive as I only know too well what it's like to lose your local track as I live in Long Eaton.

You missed a cracker there against Poole this season. It was one of the best meetings I've seen at Central Park.

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

You missed a cracker there against Poole this season. It was one of the best meetings I've seen at Central Park.

Was thinking of going but was too soon after lifting of covid restrictions if I remember rightly.

But great to hear that it was a cracking meeting, 

Let's hope it won't be too long before Kent get back on track as I'll be visiting even if they're in a different league to Poole.

Makes me worry about Birmingham and Newcastle both having the same Landlords, and both having struggled to get through the 2021 season.

1 hour ago, heathen52 said:

Makes me worry about Birmingham and Newcastle both having the same Landlords, and both having struggled to get through the 2021 season.

Newcastle is under threat from redevelopment. ARC only lease Perry Barr. Who knows what the long term future is at either stadium.