British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

16 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Would like to see Connor Mountain back too, but do feel it won't happen. :(

Oh, and Archie back too.

Connor hopefully won't be back now, or else him or Matty will have to be the number 5 again... Archie I would like to see back at number 7, along side a solid number 6, Ashley Morris on a 4.80 average could be a bargain number 6 if the 2x RS rule gets scrapped and he can regain his form he had when he rode for the Diamonds a few years ago... Also wouldn't mind seeing James Sarjeant (4.27) or Stefan Nielsen (4.79) fill that number 6 role, But I can see both of them remaining at their currently CL clubs... I'm sure all 3 riders would be due a 2.5% reduction also as all 3 rode in the NL? So basically

6. Ashley Morris

7. Archie Freeman

I suppose if the RS scheme is scrapped, then we could fit Connor at reserve, but we'd then lose a bit of the top end strength at 1 and 5... And I can see Connor at Leicester or Scunthorpe unfortunately

15 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Well if Kent are done (hope not but…) I’d love Scott Nicholls to have a season at Brough.

Is Scott Nicholls going to give up his TV duties most weekends just to ride for the Diamonds? I'd love to see him too, he's one of my all time favourites, but I don't see it. I would like to see Paul Starke back in Diamonds colours again one day though...

10 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Would like to see Richie Worrall back since he left us he's just seemed to move around clubs every season. I think he's on a good average he can improve on and he's a good gater which helps at brough.

Richie would be a brilliant signing and my choice as the number 5

9 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Now that we know Kent aren't running next season I'd be straight on the phone to Batchelor scored very well in the Championship and he doesn't ride abroad so no problems for availability on Sundays.

9 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Didn't he nearly join Newcastle earlier this season, then decided against it?

As far as I know with Troy, he was about to sign for us but then Kent came in at the last second and offered him a better deal. Personally I wouldn't want Troy at Newcastle... Think he could do even worse than last season if he signs for a track as difficult as Brough... He hasn't got the balls imo

Based on absolutely zero insider information, so it could be miles off, I hope to see something like:

2. Max Clegg 5.40

3. James Wright 5.20

4. Matthew Wethers 6.47

5. Richie Worrall 7.96

6. Ashley Morris 4.80

7. Archie Freeman 2* (2.00)

Based on the current averages on the last issue on SpeedwayGB, so could be a few inaccuracies and there is no 2.5% reductions taken into account. We don't know what the average limit is yet, but I would approximate that we have somewhere in the figure of 8.00-8.50 for out number 1 with the squad above... I would like to see Matty at number 4 to keep Heat 14 strong and I think James is more than capable of being the number 3 in a stronger lineup than last year, Max at 2 is very strong and hopefully Ashley at 6 is very strong too. I would like to see some improvement from Archie next season too, should be very little pressure on him in that team...

On another note, see Rene Bach has signed for Lokomotiv Daugavpils in Poland, so there's even less chance of him signing for Newcastle now :( One day we'll see Rene Bach at Newcastle :( But he's 31 now...

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Connor hopefully won't be back now, or else him or Matty will have to be the number 5 again... Archie I would like to see back at number 7, along side a solid number 6, Ashley Morris on a 4.80 average could be a bargain number 6 if the 2x RS rule gets scrapped and he can regain his form he had when he rode for the Diamonds a few years ago... Also wouldn't mind seeing James Sarjeant (4.27) or Stefan Nielsen (4.79) fill that number 6 role, But I can see both of them remaining at their currently CL clubs... I'm sure all 3 riders would be due a 2.5% reduction also as all 3 rode in the NL? So basically

6. Ashley Morris

7. Archie Freeman

I suppose if the RS scheme is scrapped, then we could fit Connor at reserve, but we'd then lose a bit of the top end strength at 1 and 5... And I can see Connor at Leicester or Scunthorpe unfortunately

Is Scott Nicholls going to give up his TV duties most weekends just to ride for the Diamonds? I'd love to see him too, he's one of my all time favourites, but I don't see it. I would like to see Paul Starke back in Diamonds colours again one day though...

Richie would be a brilliant signing and my choice as the number 5

As far as I know with Troy, he was about to sign for us but then Kent came in at the last second and offered him a better deal. Personally I wouldn't want Troy at Newcastle... Think he could do even worse than last season if he signs for a track as difficult as Brough... He hasn't got the balls imo

Based on absolutely zero insider information, so it could be miles off, I hope to see something like:

2. Max Clegg 5.40

3. James Wright 5.20

4. Matthew Wethers 6.47

5. Richie Worrall 7.96

6. Ashley Morris 4.80

7. Archie Freeman 2* (2.00)

Based on the current averages on the last issue on SpeedwayGB, so could be a few inaccuracies and there is no 2.5% reductions taken into account. We don't know what the average limit is yet, but I would approximate that we have somewhere in the figure of 8.00-8.50 for out number 1 with the squad above... I would like to see Matty at number 4 to keep Heat 14 strong and I think James is more than capable of being the number 3 in a stronger lineup than last year, Max at 2 is very strong and hopefully Ashley at 6 is very strong too. I would like to see some improvement from Archie next season too, should be very little pressure on him in that team...

On another note, see Rene Bach has signed for Lokomotiv Daugavpils in Poland, so there's even less chance of him signing for Newcastle now :( One day we'll see Rene Bach at Newcastle :( But he's 31 now...

Would like to see lewi Kerr back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Might get to get some info at the dou next week (12th Nov),,, see if the gaffer let's owt out,,, are ye going?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Might get to get some info at the dou next week (12th Nov),,, see if the gaffer let's owt out,,, are ye going?

Yip I'll enjoy my pint or 10 off you & it should be a decent night 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2021 at 7:52 PM, Justgotmecpc said:

Kerr's alright but he's more of a number 3, we need out and out number 1 and 5... Kerr's on a bit of an inflated average too, he won't add much to it (I may regret this comment come the end of next year) But yes, he's a very good rider and always gives his all don't get me wrong

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Kerr's alright but he's more of a number 3, we need out and out number 1 and 5... Kerr's on a bit of an inflated average too, he won't add much to it (I may regret this comment come the end of next year) But yes, he's a very good rider and always gives his all don't get me wrong

Kerr’s got all his Eastbourne meetings to be taken out his average 

11 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Definitely a solid number 3 or 4 & wouldn't mind someone like batch at 1

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Definitely a solid number 3 or 4 & wouldn't mind someone like batch at 1

Yes but two of James, Matty and Max are already accommodating the number 3 and 4, so we need a number 1 or 5, which Lewi just isn't I'm sorry to say

Batchelor at 5 maybe with a reliable number 1

5 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Yes but two of James, Matty and Max are already accommodating the number 3 and 4, so we need a number 1 or 5, which Lewi just isn't I'm sorry to say

Matty + Max + James = 17.39 (without reductions).  Troy Batchelor is on 8.98 = 26.37 (without the reductions).  So a "reliable number 1" would come in at 9.00+, so = 35+ for the top 5.

It all depends on what the decisions are at the AGM regards the top 5 (or 6) total averages and whether it's 1 or 2 Rising Stars.

Only Steve Worrall (9.28), Danny King (9.22) and Scott Nicholls (9.18) are over 9.00 averages (as far as I can see!) from this years Championship.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

We don't even know the points limit yet or how the league's will run

34 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Matty + Max + James = 17.39 (without reductions).  Troy Batchelor is on 8.98 = 26.37 (without the reductions).  So a "reliable number 1" would come in at 9.00+, so = 35+ for the top 5.

It all depends on what the decisions are at the AGM regards the top 5 (or 6) total averages and whether it's 1 or 2 Rising Stars.

Only Steve Worrall (9.28), Danny King (9.22) and Scott Nicholls (9.18) are over 9.00 averages (as far as I can see!) from this years Championship.

See you've had the calculator out Steve

If rumours are true and the Eastbourne results are expunged from the averages, surely Newcastle should be after getting Newman back on a 5.03, if he isn’t already Plymouth bound

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJC said:

If rumours are true and the Eastbourne results are expunged from the averages, surely Newcastle should be after getting Newman back on a 5.03, if he isn’t already Plymouth bound

Be a popular signing Kyle back in toon

• Like 1

welcome paul starke