British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

40 minutes ago, diamonds7 said:

welcome paul starke 

39 minutes ago, andys said:

Paul starke signing confirmed on twitter very good signing 

Happy with that :t:

Does it mean Paul and Matty flipflopping between 1.and 5, or just 5?

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:
53 minutes ago, andys said:

signing 

Hopefully there is a genuine #1 to come

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Could be 3&4 flipflopping

7 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Could be 3&4 flipflopping

Possibly, depending on points limit and rising star situation. That's 24 points taken up, so maybe upto 17 for 3 remaining riders?

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Possibly, depending on points limit and rising star situation. That's 24 points taken up, so maybe upto 17 for 3 remaining riders?

I seriously hope the "two rising star" plan for next season is dumped, otherwise we are going  to be woefully understrength again. Assuming your top 5 can total 35ish (with two rising stars), as per the original intention, then we have room for an 11 point man. like they are ten a penny, not. 

If it is the same as this year, then the limit will be 39 for the top 6 (assuming Archie is or rising star, or possibly 38 if not. That gives us 14 or 15 points for the last two. 

12 minutes ago, leander said:

I seriously hope the "two rising star" plan for next season is dumped, otherwise we are going  to be woefully understrength again. Assuming your top 5 can total 35ish (with two rising stars), as per the original intention, then we have room for an 11 point man. like they are ten a penny, not. 

If it is the same as this year, then the limit will be 39 for the top 6 (assuming Archie is or rising star, or possibly 38 if not. That gives us 14 or 15 points for the last two. 

Can't see the rising star being scrapped as we need the like of Archie the Thompson twins etc for the future of British speedway 

I very much doubt it will be two rising stars. Which depending on who else signs could mean James Wright starting at reserve. Could possibly have 14/15 points remaining plus the rising star.

Ulrich Ostergaard 7.96
Max Clegg 5.27
Paul Starke 6.47
Matthew Wethers 6.47
Richie Worrall 7.76
James Wright 5.07
Archie Freeman 2*

39.00 +2 RS

Wonder if the Rising Star rule is kept the same as this season then we could go with a team like this? A lot of strength in depth with Wrighty at reserve again... And Richie is an alright number 1, not a massive one... But I'd be reasonably happy with this... Or is Ulrich ends up at Glasgow then Lewis Kerr (7.67) at number 5 with Richie at 1 would be alright too... Don't think Lewi is a number 5 or Richie is a number 1 really, but at least we'll have that depth to go with an actual half decent 1 to 5... Really pleased with the signing of Starkey, brilliant rider and always give his all, very happy :)

All the averages above are based on the final averages on the Speedway GB website with all British riders -2.5%... I am aware that these averages don't take into account the Eastbourne results being taken away, but it's a general idea...

13 hours ago, MrP said:

I very much doubt it will be two rising stars. Which depending on who else signs could mean James Wright starting at reserve. Could possibly have 14/15 points remaining plus the rising star.

I'm just wondering if youv heard of any more riders coming due to your friendship with are new promoter my mate 

Edited by Justgotmecpc

2 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Obviously you must know something from your Saturday evenings up on Longbenton my mate 

Your the man 

9 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Obviously you must know something from your Saturday evenings up on Longbenton my mate 

Absolutely not just because we’re friends doesn’t mean he’s going to tell me anything. We were friends long before he became a promoter and hopefully will be for a long time yet.Furthermore I wouldn’t expect him to tell me anything and if he did I certainly wouldn’t come on a public forum to tell everyone. They call me Jim not Mala

Edited by MrP

21 minutes ago, MrP said:

Absolutely not just because we’re friends doesn’t mean he’s going to tell me anything. We were friends long before he became a promoter and hopefully will be for a long time yet.Furthermore I wouldn’t expect him to tell me anything and if he did I certainly wouldn’t come on a public forum to tell everyone. They call me Jim not Mala

So term sworn to secrecy springs to mind from what you told me a few weeks back jim. Lips are sealed by the way