andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

19 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Agree but he's going to be your No.1

God I hope not... Where you hear this?

2 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

God I hope not... Where you hear this?

Somebody in the know. 

After hearing the BWD is riding in the UK next season I had a convo with somebody in the know and I said to him I hope he's not joining us again (Panthers) and he said no it's Newcastle apparently.

@Flappy seems to be sure it's Newcastle as well.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Somebody in the know. 

After hearing the BWD is riding in the UK next season I had a convo with somebody in the know and I said to him I hope he's not joining us again (Panthers) and he said no it's Newcastle apparently.

@Flappy seems to be sure it's Newcastle as well.

Heard this roumer towards the end of last season from a former  rider I was talking to & I it possibly. Could be correct.. but we'll just have to wait & see as anything can happen in our crazy world of speedway.. But I'm sure Rob & Dave will put the best team they can sort out average wise for 2022 

Didn't Bradley say he wouldn't ride for Newcastle and had a few negative words to say about the track and club in general? I am truly sorry if that wasn't Bradley, but I seem to recall this from last year when we were in desperate need of a new number 1... Either way... If Bradley and Archie do sign, it leaves about 7.97 for the final rider if the 42.00 limit is correct...

1. Bradley Wilson Dean 8.75

2. Max Clegg 5.27

3. Paul Starke 6.47

4. Matthew Wethers 6.47

5. 7.97 remaining (using unofficial averages so just an approximation)

6. James Wright 5.07

7. Archie Freeman 2.00

Who's likely to be our final signing on that average? Richie I hope... We still need a true number 1

Ryan Douglas, Kyle Howarth and Lewis Kerr are the only other decent riders available under that average, assuming we're building right up to the limit... I'd still love to see Rene Bach but he's already signed in Poland and presumably will be in Denmark too...

Surely not BWD at number 1, that would be ridiculous, 4+1 on his last meeting at brough! And that wouldn’t of been from number 1 position either! 

Just read a comment saying he has a team in Poland to from his Twitter page so that will rule us out.

And now he signs… 

Edited by Gaz

So we have two New Zealanders in the team next season BWD at no 1 and also 21 year old George Congreve who is making his British speedway debut, who I assume will come in on a 4? 

I'd have preferred to have had Archie at reserve kind of means the meetings he had last season are a bit pointless now if he has to go back to the NDL and do a handful of meetings but maybe there was some kind of deal the only way we were getting BWD was if we brought the other lad over as well who knows.

Not sure why they've dropped the RS in the Championship surely you keep it in our league and the natural progression see's you move up to the top league but this is British speedway nothing surprises you!

Does anyone know how many points we have for our final rider? 

• Thanks 1

Welcome BWD and George. Lot of negativity regarding BWD but people have to remember he achieved the average he’s got in a stronger league pre Covid. Let’s get behind them and remember not too many weeks ago we were faced with the prospect of no speedway. Looking forward to hearing the last piece of the jigsaw.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MrP said:

Welcome BWD and George. Lot of negativity regarding BWD but people have to remember he achieved the average he’s got in a stronger league pre Covid. Let’s get behind them and remember not too many weeks ago we were faced with the prospect of no speedway. Looking forward to hearing the last piece of the jigsaw.

I'm the same I personally think BWD will be fine as no 1 he might take a few meetings to properly get the hang of brough but I think he'll be fine and he's a racer so quite looking forward to seeing him.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MrP said:

Yes very true 

9 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Heard this roumer towards the end of last season from a former  rider I was talking to & I it possibly. Could be correct.. but we'll just have to wait & see as anything can happen in our crazy world of speedway.. But I'm sure Rob & Dave will put the best team they can sort out average wise for 2022 

So what I was told has became true from a former diamond last season regarding BWD

25 minutes ago, MrP said:

He didn't achieve the average he comes in on. His average was around 6 in champ. He comes in on a converted Prem average and will therefore drop straight down after the first month as he reverts to his rolling champ ave.

I suspect George has a month to show he's capable or he'll be out when more points become available.

2 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

He didn't achieve the average he comes in on. His average was around 6 in champ. He comes in on a converted Prem average and will therefore drop straight down after the first month as he reverts to his rolling champ ave.

I suspect George has a month to show he's capable or he'll be out when more points become available.

Ok I stand corrected but still not a bad signing. Not sure they’ll give George just a month but then again just my opinion. What people really need to remember is that because of Brexit and Poland there is no longer an abundance of riders available. Add to that Newcastle race Sundays the pot dwindles again. I believe we have around 5.5/6 points remaining so look forward to seeing who the remaining rider will be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

Since George has got British connections does that mean he comes in on a 2.00 ave?

I believe it’s 4