British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

Delighted with the signings. BWD's only showing in UK last year ( i think) was the GP qualifier in Glasgow. In his limited races he did look on the pace.  As for George, he is NZ U21 champ & Im hoping it is a 2 point average he comes on. MrP makes a very good point about the rider availability, so well done Rob & team for bringing these 2 in.  In my opinion a good move tapping a market (as in NZ speedway)that is under utilized in GB, which will hopefully be to our benefit long term.  Inflatable kiwi's at the first home meeting, cant wait!

• Like 1

Good looking team so far, just waiting for the last piece of the jigsaw. Can't say the promotion are lacking ambition.  :t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wardey said:

Delighted with the signings. BWD's only showing in UK last year ( i think) was the GP qualifier in Glasgow. In his limited races he did look on the pace.  As for George, he is NZ U21 champ & Im hoping it is a 2 point average he comes on. MrP makes a very good point about the rider availability, so well done Rob & team for bringing these 2 in.  In my opinion a good move tapping a market (as in NZ speedway)that is under utilized in GB, which will hopefully be to our benefit long term.  Inflatable kiwi's at the first home meeting, cant wait!

he was behind aarnio when he crashed in 3rd place in what was his only ride

• Haha 1

good looking team . balance through all the riders . so much better the previous teams at Newcastle  .

BWD came to worky in 2018 as cover for mason campton and put in some great rides while he was in the team .

you will not be sorry signing him in 2022   . a good,    NO great looking team :drink:

7 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Wooden spoon elect

There’s always one

Sorry thought you were a Newcastle supporter but I realise your Berwick. Your entitled to your opinion of course. Good signing’s for your team by the way.

7 minutes ago, MrP said:

Sorry thought you were a Newcastle supporter but I realise your Berwick. Your entitled to your opinion of course. Good signing’s for your team by the way.

No worries, I’m glad you’re running, and thought your first few signings were good, but that’s a lot of wasted points on the NZ lads imo, that is all. 12.75 on the 2 of them is too much for me, both of them about 2pts over what they actually are

9 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

No worries, I’m glad you’re running, and thought your first few signings were good, but that’s a lot of wasted points on the NZ lads imo, that is all. 12.75 on the 2 of them is too much for me, both of them about 2pts over what they actually are

Again that’s your opinion but I’m happy enough with the team so far

It must be one hell of a backer to bring 2 from NZ.flights and accommodation won’t be cheep.And don’t they have to get a living allowance also???

As David Tattum is no longer with us, do Newcastle need an Experience Promotor, as I believe you need to be a Promoter for At leased 3 years before you don’t need one

Edited by Argos

1 hour ago, Wardey said:

Won’t he come over on a 4/5 assessed like most Aussies and kiwis?

I'm very happy with these signings, really good work by the promotion. 

I've no doubt that BWD can be the best no. 1 we've had for a while, and I'm sure GC will get plenty of support.

It may be that we will also have a young English rider, and in any event speedway in NZ needs to be supported. Those old enough will remember the time when Ivan Mauger and Barry Briggs rode for England and we shouldn't be backward in offering our help to the Kiwis when they need it.

Even if they do beat us at cricket.

• Haha 2