British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

3 minutes ago, bruno said:

Please tell lol

I’m sure there will be another post ‘from the promotion’.........

• Haha 1

“I don’t need to respond, it’s my business but I will anyway. I run this how I see fit, if you don’t like it then tough, it’s my way or the highway!!”

”Any chance of some donations please..........”

:nono::nono:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

I’m sure there will be another post ‘from the promotion’.........

Very good night it went really well... Good to young rob letting his short hair down & enjoying himself !! The only thing I didn't like it was card payment only at the bar !! Just aswell I carry my business card with me or i would have the only sober 1 on my table...

11 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

The only thing I didn't like it was card payment only at the bar !! Just aswell I carry my business card with me or i would have the only sober 1 on my table...

Well a did try n tell ye!!! ;)

• Haha 1

Do we have enough points left to possibly tempt Ludvig back over or has the ship sailed on that one and he's happily settled back in Sweden.

12 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Do we have enough points left to possibly tempt Ludvig back over or has the ship sailed on that one and he's happily settled back in Sweden.

If you watched Swedish speedway ,you will be hoping the ship has sailed.:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wonder if Ellis Perks may be making a comeback like was rumoured last year :) possibly Lasse Bjerre if he isn't chased out of the stadium...

48 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

If you watched Swedish speedway ,you will be hoping the ship has sailed.:P

Haha no I haven't I take it he's been poor then? In fairness he is a very frustrating rider brilliant to watch at brough at times but also the complete opposite and pathetic some of his away performances.

1 minute ago, bloom89 said:

Haha no I haven't I take it he's been poor then? In fairness he is a very frustrating rider brilliant to watch at brough at times but also the complete opposite and pathetic some of his away performances.

But to be fair to any "second strings/reserve level" riders riding in Sweden, they race against the absolute best in the world, both alongside, and against.. 

A "bit" easier for that level of rider to score points over here I would think....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

But to be fair to any "second strings/reserve level" riders riding in Sweden, they race against the absolute best in the world, both alongside, and against.. 

A "bit" easier for that level of rider to score points over here I would think....

I've no idea what the sort of teams are like in Sweden so can't really comment. But like most things I guess it probably comes down to whether it's worth it.

Closest comparators for Ludvig (0.9):

Palovaraa 0.92

Thornblom 1.00

Hellstrom-Bangs 1.01

Ellis 1.03

11 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well a did try n tell ye!!! ;)

Yip yi did & av still got that big bag of pennies for your next trip to the Whitley bay amusement park 

Bit of a wildcard suggestion, but I wonder if Nico Covatti would fit as our number 3? Remember him guesting for us at home a few seasons ago and not only did he score points, he was highly entertaining and his style was like nothing else I've seen. Would be a brilliant signing imo if he's still racing... Just thought I'd bump the thread up a little bit with some discussion lol

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1