British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

31 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

A rider who has an assessed average of 4.00 can average below 4.00, but his average will never drop below 4.00... Fingers crossed we don't have them issues and George's average goes above 4.00 :D He is the less seniors of the 2 reserves afterall, so he has zero pressure and expectations, so hopefully he'll have a few weeks to be able to get used to the very strange track for him...

Hope he's good because we could've got Ashley Morris on a 4.80ish average instead... I just can't wait to find out who our final signing is...

Surely George Congreve at 6 and James Wright at 7 has to be the strongest reserve partnership in the league? Couple that with the 4 riders we've already got in the top 5, we may not be table toppers but at least we'll be in and around the playoffs imo (I know it's pretty early to say) I can't wait for the new season to begin...

Same here. Itching to find out final signing. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Normski said:

Etheridge & Bickley probably strongest reserve pairing

Yeah you're right... Forgot about that one... :D Think Berwick will be very strong next year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wardey said:

Same here. Itching to find out final signing. 

Hope we find out soon? Lots of sealed lips on this one, not even a hint or an anagram :nono:

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Hope we find out soon? Lots of sealed lips on this one, not even a hint or an anagram :nono:

Maybe we'll now have to wait until a re-arranged social night,,, 'late crimbo pressy'? :t:

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe we'll now have to wait until a re-arranged social night,,, 'late crimbo pressy'? :t:

Do you or anyone else know if the final signing is done and dusted? Just needs to be announced, or is it still in the works?

51 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

A rider who has an assessed average of 4.00 can average below 4.00, but his average will never drop below 4.00... Fingers crossed we don't have them issues and George's average goes above 4.00 :D He is the less seniors of the 2 reserves afterall, so he has zero pressure and expectations, so hopefully he'll have a few weeks to be able to get used to the very strange track for him...

Hope he's good because we could've got Ashley Morris on a 4.80ish average instead... I just can't wait to find out who our final signing is...

Surely George Congreve at 6 and James Wright at 7 has to be the strongest reserve partnership in the league? Couple that with the 4 riders we've already got in the top 5, we may not be table toppers but at least we'll be in and around the playoffs imo (I know it's pretty early to say) I can't wait for the new season to begin...

As Congreve hasn't ridden at Champ level yet, that's a bold prediction to make!

8 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Do you or anyone else know if the final signing is done and dusted? Just needs to be announced, or is it still in the works?

I honestly don't know, a have asked but haven't been told. So either they don't trust me or they don't know? :t:

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I honestly don't know, a have asked but haven't been told. So either they don't trust me or they don't know? :t:

So it is back to the secret society now lol

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

No comment!  ;)

That is what they tell the police when being questioned;)

3 minutes ago, soupy said:

That is what they tell the police when being questioned;)

A think they used to, a seen it on 'The Bill',,, a think they just tell them to ffff-off now,,, no respect!!!  :nono:

19 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

19 hours ago, Normski said:

Etheridge & Bickley probably strongest reserve pairing

Certainly stronger than Congreve and Wright.IMO

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Certainly stronger than Congreve and Wright.IMO

Oxford or is it Berwick's B team haven't announced there 6&7 yet wonder if Danny gapp will be 1 of them

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Error

9 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Oxford or is it Berwick's B team haven't announced there 6&7 yet wonder if Danny gapp will be 1 of them

Personally think Dany G is a shoe -in at Berwick.But you could be right,Dany has a high average doubt he would be a reserve in any Teams.

There's still plenty 4/5 averaged Brits without team places out there, so Newcastle can still be competitive hopefully, even if they can't get close to the 42.00 limit!

Edited by szkocjasid