British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

29 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Would BWD be entitled to a reduction,,, has he not been out for a while due to injury?

I'm not sure ruff, Was he not injured during lockdown and not fit to ride ?

9 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I'm not sure ruff, Was he not injured during lockdown and not fit to ride ?

Dunno, maybe injured towards the end of 2019 season?,,, 'shy bairns n that'. :t:

6 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Dunno, maybe injured towards the end of 2019 season?,,, 'shy bairns n that'. :t:

Broke a collarbone on 13 June 2019.  Seeing as everyone missed the 2020 season, I doubt he'd get a reduction.  He was also New Zealand Champion in 2020, so rode that year anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Would BWD be entitled to a reduction,,, has he not been out for a while due to injury?

Maybe as his granny is English

25 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

No,,, thought he might've qualified for missing speedway through injury,,, nowt to do with ancestrydotcom.

Edited by ruffdiamond

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

He should be I’m guessing because he rode in the national league for Eastbourne ..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigred said:

He should be I’m guessing because he rode in the national league for Eastbourne ..

I don't think Matty Wethers gets a reduction and he rode in the National League/Conference League, too.

3 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Yes I think you are right. Thats how he managed to ride in the NL for Eastbourne.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

No,,, thought he might've qualified for missing speedway through injury,,, nowt to do with ancestrydotcom.

Mmm I'll check it out 

5 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Wonder what Dickie juuls average would be now as he must qualifie for a Geordie passport now as he's been owa here for years .. he must get a reduction surely 

10 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Yes I think you are right. Thats how he managed to ride in the NL for Eastbourne.

Yep last one, they changed the rules after BWD so you needed a British passport to ride in NL from season after

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Yep last one, they changed the rules after BWD so you needed a British passport to ride in NL from season after

BWD certainly didn’t have British citizenship this season either as Kent had agreed a deal with him to ride but couldn’t get the paperwork so signed Batchelor instead. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

BWD certainly didn’t have British citizenship this season either as Kent had agreed a deal with him to ride but couldn’t get the paperwork so signed Batchelor instead. 

Yeah he put on social media that he failed the test that you have to get 70 percent I believe. I had a go myself online and as a British citizen I only got 68 percent !!

• Haha 2

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2021 at 6:45 PM, StevePark said:

Broke a collarbone on 13 June 2019.  Seeing as everyone missed the 2020 season, I doubt he'd get a reduction.  He was also New Zealand Champion in 2020, so rode that year anyway.

Jason Crump got a further reduction for another year out(2020) even though he rode in Australian meetings just to fit him in for 2021!