British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

What happened to the last rider that Rob talked about who would bring the team strength close to the points limit and be challenging for honours, or did I dream that.

Could have said it before he had his arm twisted to take George and is now paying the price of only getting upto a 6.50 rider, and less clout in heats 13 and 15 again. 

Things never change on here the same people taking the same rubbish! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I'll go with Lee. Just hope he is up for it and not so throttle happy. It's Brough not BV.  Wishing him the best of luck.

Lee was one of my all time favourites despite not racing for the Diamonds and his all action style will be great to watch next season. 

He’s been away for a long time but he certainly has the natural ability to make a success of his return to speedway. 

Best of Luck Lee.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

Good to see Lee complin back, all out entertainer. Thought he was disappearing over the 4th bend fence at ashfield on several occasions but usually came out in front. 

Who'd have guessed that one!! Always loved watching Lee, brilliant entertainer, one of the best riders I've ever watched at this level of British speedway. Just hope it hasn't been too long for him and he can get plenty of practise in before the season starts. It's a very James Wright sounding signing. I can't wait to watch Lee again :) Only thing that worries me is that he was never a very good gater!! And Brough is a very specific track to be able to pass on, but he did used to have some big balls... What will his average be?

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gating tart said:

Things never change on here the same people taking the same rubbish! 

If that means me I would remind you I was alluding to what Rob DID say and that was confirmed by two other posters straightaway. Telling the truth on here is now becoming banned it would seem,. 

• Like 1

Wonder if Rob's been quick to announce this signing with the friction on here lately :D I know he does read the forum...

2 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Great to hear the dulcet tones of Dalbers on the commentary again.

• Like 1

Granty certainly seems to be prepared take risks that others wouldn’t. Hopefully it all comes off and the Diamonds can have a decent season.
Cleggy, Wrighty and Paul Starke will continue on as before. 
BWD, Matty and Complin could be excellent but are coming back from injury and inactivity and George is a punt in the dark.

If nothing else it will be interesting to find out the result?

9 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

LOL.

Why do Newcastle even bother.

Is that a picture of Piers Corbyn as your avatar?…….

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Ooh Youre Hard GIF - Ooh Youre Hard - Discover & Share GIFs

Seriously though, we not even in the same league as you, so why are you even bothered? :D I can't wait to watch this team, it's full of racers if nothing else

• Like 4