British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

1 minute ago, Diamonds85 said:

Seriously though, we not even in the same league as you, so why are you even bothered? :D I can't wait to watch this team, it's full of racers if nothing else

Because it's funny.

Rob may as well nip down to the local Tesco's and ask the cashier if he or she fancies being the No.8

9 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Because it's funny.

Rob may as well nip down to the local Tesco's and ask the cashier if he or she fancies being the No.8

I feel bad even dignifying you with an answer... But things ain't that bad... If Lee can even get back to anywhere near the entertainer he used to be, he'll be a brilliant number 2 or number 4. Him and Max could ride either position then... Yeah, we not the strongest team in the league, but we have a team and for that I am grateful. We have so many entertaining riders, we may not win a lot, but we're never gonna give up :)

1. Bradley Wilson Dean

2. Lee Complin

3. Matthew Wethers

4. Max Clegg

5. Paul Starke

6. George Congreve

7. James Wright

The 2022 Newcastle Diamonds

• Like 4

Lee was entertaining on big fast tracks in his prime,but making a comeback and picking a track like Newcastle seems a big gamble.IMO

16 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I feel bad even dignifying you with an answer... But things ain't that bad... If Lee can even get back to anywhere near the entertainer he used to be, he'll be a brilliant number 2 or number 4. Him and Max could ride either position then... Yeah, we not the strongest team in the league, but we have a team and for that I am grateful. We have so many entertaining riders, we may not win a lot, but we're never gonna give up :)

1. Bradley Wilson Dean

2. Lee Complin

3. Matthew Wethers

4. Max Clegg

5. Paul Starke

6. George Congreve

7. James Wright

The 2022 Newcastle Diamonds

Very happy with that line up after last season - excited to see how Complin does after a few years out. He was a rider I enjoyed watching before he retired.

• Like 2

Blimey - I’m half expecting to see Brent Werner signing as a mid season signing!

Good to see Complin back, was quality on his day on the big tracks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Last I saw Lee, he'd put A LOT of muscle on... Hope he can recreate his flying around the boards with all that extra weight...

Given the fact we are lucky to have speedway, I think the Promotion have done a great job putting this team together. I would have been delighted to see Complin back in speedway full stop as his fantastic ability and massive kahoonas during a race was there to see on the track. But even more delighted it’s with a Diamonds race jacket. A team of racers and entertainers indeed. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Because it's funny.

Just pleased we have a team to go and watch every Sunday, Hopefully turn a few top teams over 

• Like 1

I just hope that Complin doesn't have a load of money thrown at him for new kit etc then packs up after a few weeks because the comeback hasn't been as good as in his head when more deserving riders could benefit from that level of sponsorship. Touch of the Bridgers comes to mind but as ever i hope to be proven wrong.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I just hope that Complin doesn't have a load of money thrown at him for new kit etc then packs up after a few weeks because the comeback hasn't been as good as in his head when more deserving riders could benefit from that level of sponsorship. Touch of the Bridgers comes to mind but as ever i hope to be proven wrong.

I think tarnishing Lee Complin with the same brush as Lewis Bridger is a bit harsh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I think tarnishing Lee Complin with the same brush as Lewis Bridger is a bit harsh.

Quite possibly but i still see the comparison closer than to James Wright which the promotion are trying to make. James after all rode competitive grasstrack in the gap years, stayed lean and honest about his aspirations. Id love to see Lee back to what he was capable of in his prime.  

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Quite possibly but i still see the comparison closer than to James Wright which the promotion are trying to make. James after all rode competitive grasstrack in the gap years, stayed lean and honest about his aspirations. Id love to see Lee back to what he was capable of in his prime.  

Big gamble as I was told about lee being linked at the beginning of November  down at Scunthorpe after he's bought a couple of SWR tuned bikes so there won't be nothing wrong with the bikes performance wise so if he can set the stall out quickly & get race fit he should easily maintain the 6 point average

Edited by Justgotmecpc

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Big gamble as I was told about lee being linked at the beginning of November  down at Scunthorpe after he's bought a couple of SWR tuned bikes so there won't be nothing wrong with the bikes performance wise so if he can set the stall out quickly & get race fit he should easily maintain the 6 point average

Equipment sounds like its up to task  if its maintained ok but a 6 point average is huge considering Wright returned on a 4.00. If Complin can do what Wright achieved last season i would consider that a mega comeback but maintaining a 6 feels like dreamland.

I don't like to say it BUT this is a very weak looking team & I can see by mid May BWD will loose interest leaving only Starke as anywhere near heatleader status. I'm sure there is a budget to work to & that will provide its own limitations but I hope the promotion won't take it out on the fans when they don't come through the gates to see their team suffer.