British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

4 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

Which is what both the companies in question are?

It appears to be a Ltd which makes it a private limited company. That doesn't make it a PLC A PLC designates a company that has offered shares of stock to the general public. The buyers of those shares have limited liability. Meaning, they cannot be held responsible for any business losses in excess of the amount they paid for the shares.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

It appears to be a Ltd which makes it a private limited company. That doesn't make it a PLC A PLC designates a company that has offered shares of stock to the general public. The buyers of those shares have limited liability. Meaning, they cannot be held responsible for any business losses in excess of the amount they paid for the shares.

Just remind me what the three letter abbreviation of private limited company is?

From the link I posted above:

"A private limited company is any type of business entity in "private" ownership used in many jurisdictions, in contrast to a publicly listed company, with some differences from country to country"

You may be interested in the wikipedia page about public limited companies which starts thus:

"A public limited company (legally abbreviated to PLC or plc) is a type of public company under United Kingdom company law, some Commonwealth jurisdictions, and the Republic of Ireland. It is a limited liability company whose shares may be freely sold and traded to the public (although a PLC may also be privately held, often by another PLC), with a minimum share capital of £50,000 and usually with the letters PLC after its name."

Note the use of the word "may" and also "a PLC may also be privately held".

2 hours ago, idanthyrsus said:

It is a private limited company.  

LOL...   NO, no, no

A PLC is a "Public Limited Company"....   A company which offers shares to the public via the stock market. 

Think you've just proved you haven't "run a PLC"  

Just remind me what the three letter abbreviation of private limited company is?

Ltd.

Edited by PotteringAround
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, idanthyrsus said:

"A public limited company (legally abbreviated to PLC or plc)

Oops.... But, didn't you just try to tell us a PLC was a Private Limited Company?  LOL

15 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Oops.... But, didn't you just try to tell us a PLC was a Private Limited Company?  LOL

Do you understand the difference between legally defining something and every day usage?

Why would I talk about public listed companies when everything was about private limited companies?

Or are you just arguing for the sake of it?

I guess we are all waiting for your in depth analysis.

13 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

Why would I talk about public listed companies when everything was about private limited companies?

We have no idea why you started talking about PLCs.  But you did.

You brought up Public Limited Companies when you lied, claiming to have run one.  You seemed to think it made you some kind of expert on company law, when in fact it just exposed your lack of knowledge when you were found out.

Ever heard the expression "When you're in a hole, stop digging"?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, idanthyrsus said:

It's interesting that the original company went through a Voluntary Liquidation.  Normally you would only do that if there was funds to extract.  As ever, the information about these companies stored in companies house are a master of illusion, disinformation and downright lies....

As I can testify, the main issue is that it does list your name and address, which is prime information for fraudsters to make payments on, ahem, your behalf.

Honestly

I don't want to get embroiled in this however the original company went through a Voluntary Liquidation not because there were any "funds to extract" but because a massive "fraud" had been committed (whether intentional or by accident) and once this came to light there were only two feasible options open to the person who had taken the business on and they were to either pay the VAT man what he was owed (circa £160k) and keep trading or liquidate the company (voluntarily) and then the debt to the VAT man becomes like a frozen debt for the VAT man to pursue through other means.

There is an awful lot of legal jargon/technicalities to go through which I wont bore everyone with however lets just say Liquidating a company isn't just a straightforward formality as the person who owns the company being liquidated still has to do things by the book or they end up being blacklisted and stopped from being a company director again until they put things right or at least do things correctly when closing the business.

Regards
THJ

• Like 5

Wow. Logged in during lunch hour to escape from work, then got sucked right back into it reading these posts lol. 

Anyway, new sponsor onboard & fixtures are oot! What a time to be alive! Who has planned their roadtrip yet? Put their holidays in already?

Ive already penciled in the dates that I will not be speaking to the Mother In Law (Glasgow fan)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I don't want to get embroiled in this however the original company went through a Voluntary Liquidation not because there were any "funds to extract" but because a massive "fraud" had been committed (whether intentional or by accident) and once this came to light there were only two feasible options open to the person who had taken the business on and they were to either pay the VAT man what he was owed (circa £160k) and keep trading or liquidate the company (voluntarily) and then the debt to the VAT man becomes like a frozen debt for the VAT man to pursue through other means.

There is an awful lot of legal jargon/technicalities to go through which I wont bore everyone with however lets just say Liquidating a company isn't just a straightforward formality as the person who owns the company being liquidated still has to do things by the book or they end up being blacklisted and stopped from being a company director again until they put things right or at least do things correctly when closing the business.

Regards
THJ

Yeah, I've also voluntarily liquidated a company :)

As I said (and you know) it's complicated and information isn't made public

I am thinking of visiting Newcastle speedway this year. I would travel by train from London to Newcastle and then use the Tyne and Wear Metro to Byker. How long a walk is it from Byker Metro station to the track and with a 4pm start what would the latest finishing time be?

Many thanks for any help anyone can give me.

9 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I am thinking of visiting Newcastle speedway this year. I would travel by train from London to Newcastle and then use the Tyne and Wear Metro to Byker. How long a walk is it from Byker Metro station to the track and with a 4pm start what would the latest finishing time be?

Hi Chris and pleased you fancy a trip to God's country. :D

The Byker Metro station is just less than a mile away, and a good direct road to the track.

Whilst you can never be sure, it's probably about a 2 to 2.5 hours show, plus the walk back to the Metro station, and then the time for the Metro to get to the Central Station which has its own Metro station.

Pick a good meeting when the opponents can be expected to attack the track. It's got tight bends and long straights but you still get some decent passing and racing.

Dave

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The Byker Metro station is just less than a mile away, and a good direct road to the track.

Whilst you can never be sure, it's probably about a 2 to 2.5 hours show, plus the walk back to the Metro station, and then the time for the Metro to get to the Central Station which has its own Metro station.

Pick a good meeting when the opponents can be expected to attack the track. It's got tight bends and long straights but you still get some decent passing and racing.

Dave

Don't forget you have to switch at Monument from the Central Station to get to Byker, which adds to the journey.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Dave

18 hours ago, StevePark said:

Don't forget you have to switch at Monument from the Central Station to get to Byker, which adds to the journey.

Being a railway enthusiast as well as a speedway fan I was aware of the need to change Metro trains but thank you both for your replies. In fact I will only need to change Metro trains on the way home as I intend to arrive early and have time to ride the whole loop via Whitley Bay.

From what Dave says I assume a team who have a track with tight bends at their home track would be the ones to expect to provide a close meeting.

I let you know what my plans are once I know what they are!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chillingham Road Metro station is nearer than Byker and you don't have to walk up Byker Hill to get to the top of the Fosse-Way,

you can pick up the No.1 Coaster to Whitley Bay from the Central Station which goes down the Fosse way  but watch out there is

also a No.1 Stagecoach bus but that goes no where near Brough Park. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scampispeedway said:

Chillingham Road Metro station is nearer than Byker and you don't have to walk up Byker Hill to get to the top of the Fosse-Way,

you can pick up the No.1 Coaster to Whitley Bay from the Central Station which goes down the Fosse way  but watch out there is

also a No.1 Stagecoach bus but that goes no where near Brough Park. 

Thanks for the information. I try to avoid buses whenever possible but still useful information.

• Like 1