British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

1 hour ago, scampispeedway said:

Chillingham Road Metro station is nearer than Byker and you don't have to walk up Byker Hill to get to the top of the Fosse-Way,

you can pick up the No.1 Coaster to Whitley Bay from the Central Station which goes down the Fosse way  but watch out there is

also a No.1 Stagecoach bus but that goes no where near Brough Park. 

Yes, but whilst Chris will be walking nearer to the track, the Metro will have continued on to  the Chilly Road Metro. Obviously quicker for both journeys to get off and later get on at the Byker Metro station.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, but whilst Chris will be walking nearer to the track, the Metro will have continued on to  the Chilly Road Metro. Obviously quicker for both journeys to get off and later get on at the Byker Metro station.

If he's gonna do the loop and go via the coast, he might aswell get off at Walkergate and walk up the road.  :t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He may as well come to the proper Gods Country, leave the train at Middlesbrough and get bus from there to cargo Fleet  and walk the few yards to see a fair race track!!!!!!!!!!lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Coraldon said:

He may as well come to the proper Gods Country, leave the train at Middlesbrough and get bus from there to cargo Fleet  and walk the few yards to see a fair race track!!!!!!!!!!lol

I wouldn't walk anywhere near the STMP after dark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ch958 said:

I wouldn't walk anywhere near the STMP after dark

That could be said anywhere these days.

On 1/23/2022 at 1:12 PM, Chris116 said:

Being a railway enthusiast as well as a speedway fan I was aware of the need to change Metro trains but thank you both for your replies. In fact I will only need to change Metro trains on the way home as I intend to arrive early and have time to ride the whole loop via Whitley Bay.

From what Dave says I assume a team who have a track with tight bends at their home track would be the ones to expect to provide a close meeting.

I let you know what my plans are once I know what they are!

Hi Chris.  Really hope you do make it up.  Edinburgh are a team that have a similar tight bends & always put up a good show at Brough. But in fairness, our closest geographical rivals, Glasgow, Redcar, Berwick have ridden the track for a while now, so Im sure whatever meeting you choose will be worthwhile

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wardey said:

Hi Chris.  Really hope you do make it up.  Edinburgh are a team that have a similar tight bends & always put up a good show at Brough. But in fairness, our closest geographical rivals, Glasgow, Redcar, Berwick have ridden the track for a while now, so Im sure whatever meeting you choose will be worthwhile

Redcar at home is normally attended by a group of p|$$€d smoggies.

3 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Good!,  spending money inside the stadium can’t be a bad thing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Good money tho, Rob should maybe do some chicken parmo's on the van on them days? ;)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Good money tho, Rob should maybe do some chicken parmo's on the van on them days? ;)

Chicken ?? That's far to healthy for them Doon the A19 

14 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

Doubt it, the bars a rip off!

4 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Chicken ?? That's far to healthy for them Doon the A19 

Pigeon Parmo then? :t:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Good!,  spending money inside the stadium can’t be a bad thing.

Not too sure! A group of us was having a bit of banter in the stand on bend 1 with a group of youths(20-28 yr olds?) & others before & during the meeting which later turned ugly & abusive after the youths who had had a few cans of stella when the score line was going against them.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Doubt it, the bars a rip off!

Bring their cans of special brew mate.

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Not too sure! A group of us was having a bit of banter in the stand on bend 1 with a group of youths(20-28 yr olds?) & others before & during the meeting which later turned ugly & abusive after the youths who had had a few cans of stella when the score line was going against them.

I had similar when I looked at a young lad "wrong" in the bar after a Redcar meeting. He'd had a good skin full mind :drink:

• Haha 1