British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

18 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

I had similar when I looked at a young lad "wrong" in the bar after a Redcar meeting. He'd had a good skin full mind :drink:

Probly been on the Broon Ale? ;)

7 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Not too sure! A group of us was having a bit of banter in the stand on bend 1 with a group of youths(20-28 yr olds?) & others before & during the meeting which later turned ugly & abusive after the youths who had had a few cans of stella when the score line was going against them.

I remember it well ,when they wished we crash our car on the way home .Absolute oxygen thieves the full crowd of them and it wasn’t our fault Riss missed the meeting and had to be replaced by a young 2 pointer

• Sad 1

AS in all sports nowadays, it is the 1% that are spoiling it for the large majority, it is the way of the world now, no respect, discipline or consideration for others, I know it is happening at all sports arenas including The STeMP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

I had similar when I looked at a young lad "wrong" in the bar after a Redcar meeting. He'd had a good skin full mind :drink:

Did he get home to Redcar that night ?

• Haha 1

I shan't set foot on the STMP again. In 50 years of watching speedway it's the only place I've felt uncomfortable, especially with my daughter. 

I don't go anywhere to be heckled by idiots, and as Redcar is the only place that has happened, I'll give it a miss.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

I shan't set foot on the STMP again. In 50 years of watching speedway it's the only place I've felt uncomfortable, especially with my daughter. 

I don't go anywhere to be heckled by idiots, and as Redcar is the only place that has happened, I'll give it a miss.

Must just be ‘cos you’re a Geordie :lol: Our Sunday meeting there just last year couldn’t have been any better an atmosphere where we stood… and that included the Redcar fans saying we deserved more then we got that day! 

• Like 1

You could say this for most, if not all the tracks in the country.  99.9% of fans are fine and you can have a decent conversation with them and enjoy the banter, but you still have that 0.1% who (usually) have "one over the eight" and cause you grief.  Rather than cause trouble, unfortunately, the only option is for you to move to another part of the track.  I must say though in all the years of travelling away to support the Diamonds, it's never come to that, but I know it's happened to others, even at Brough Park.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Depends on where you stand, anywhere near the Bar is asking for abuse from the "supporters" there, notice the word used was not Fans.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Coraldon said:

Depends on where you stand, anywhere near the Bar is asking for abuse from the "supporters" there, notice the word used was not Fans.

Before the lockdowns, we used to stand in the 2nd temporary stand with some Redcar supporters and had some great 'debates' and laughs together.

Usually stand in the gap in front of the refreshments bar now, and that's because we meet other Diamonds fans and with Bears fans. Usually if you give it back respectfully, you can get a great atmosphere. I feel quite at home at Redcar, but last year we had someone cleaning the refs windows during a meeting, now there's a first. Wonder who he was ? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Before the lockdowns, we used to stand in the 2nd temporary stand with some Redcar supporters and had some great 'debates' and laughs together.

Usually stand in the gap in front of the refreshments bar now, and that's because we meet other Diamonds fans and with Bears fans. Usually if you give it back respectfully, you can get a great atmosphere. I feel quite at home at Redcar, but last year we had someone cleaning the refs windows during a meeting, now there's a first. Wonder who he was ? :D

That would be me!

58 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

That would be me!

I know. :o Remember that song years ago, either George Formby, or Charlie Drake . "When I'm cleaning windows" OK it was Formby.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

I know. :o Remember that song years ago, either George Formby, or Charlie Drake . "When I'm cleaning windows" OK it was Formby.

Remember it? I hear it every day haha! It's actually my day job so it gets sang a lot in my direction

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

You obviously hadn’t been to Workington then:P

• Haha 1