British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

46 minutes ago, erniew said:

Have I missed it or has press and practice not been announced yet?

Behind closed doors apparently like last year.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 12:44 AM, Justgotmecpc said:

Any diamonds fans want there 1st speedway fix in 2022 ( 20th of march 4pm start ) lewi Kerr's testimonial meeting at kings Lynn.. if we get enough interest I'll run a bus for diamonds fans to help a great Newcastle rider celebrate his big day.. just let me know & I can sort a bus out & it'll be a great day to start this season 

If anyone fancys a trip down to king's Lynn for Lewis Kerr's testimonial meeting I'm still willing to run transport down for it !! So if anyone wants to go just message me & I'll get the transport sorted out 

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Error

18 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Is that because they don't want us to see how bad the team is for free, they want us to pay instead so have to wait for the first official fixture to witness it first hand!!:P:P:P

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Is that because they don't want us to see how bad the team is for free, they want us to pay instead so have to wait for the first official fixture to witness it first hand!!:P:P:P

So you quote we have a bad TEAM !! At least we have a team to watch ( thanks to Rob & Dave tinning ) but we look a lot stronger than last season imo

• Like 2

Teams do not ride on paper and happy I have a team to watch and as long as they give 100% effort am more than happy and all I ask.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

So you quote we have a bad TEAM !! At least we have a team to watch ( thanks to Rob & Dave tinning ) but we look a lot stronger than last season imo

I think the two arguments are different here as I’m sure any Newcastle fan would prefer us to be on track than not and thankfully the additional investment in the club has allowed the club to continue. However, like in every sport  fans are entitled to their own opinions about the strength of the team and that opinion shouldn’t be clouded by the off track events of last season, especially given the substantial investment that has come the clubs way during this winter which puts us in a far better footing. We can’t compete financially with the likes of Glasgow and Poole but I do think a more competitive side could be assembled within our budget.

I disagree with the view that the team is a bad one and will, in my opinion do quite well around Brough Park but I do feel they will struggle to deliver many points on the road. I have no problem with any of the lads signed but the overall team strength is weaker than 90% of the other teams in the league and I can’t see the Diamonds being at the business end of the table come play off time.

My own biggest disappointment is that we are way under the points limit again and could have added a little extra in terms of point scoring ability to the side to make us more competitive on the road and at home against one or two of the teams that have a side packed with riders who will win races around Brough (Poole for one).

Only time will tell how this team performs but as I say everyone is entitled to their own opinions and the differences/debates are what sport is all about.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I think the two arguments are different here as I’m sure any Newcastle fan would prefer us to be on track than not and thankfully the additional investment in the club has allowed the club to continue. However, like in every sport  fans are entitled to their own opinions about the strength of the team and that opinion shouldn’t be clouded by the off track events of last season, especially given the substantial investment that has come the clubs way during this winter which puts us in a far better footing. We can’t compete financially with the likes of Glasgow and Poole but I do think a more competitive side could be assembled within our budget.

I disagree with the view that the team is a bad one and will, in my opinion do quite well around Brough Park but I do feel they will struggle to deliver many points on the road. I have no problem with any of the lads signed but the overall team strength is weaker than 90% of the other teams in the league and I can’t see the Diamonds being at the business end of the table come play off time.

My own biggest disappointment is that we are way under the points limit again and could have added a little extra in terms of point scoring ability to the side to make us more competitive on the road and at home against one or two of the teams that have a side packed with riders who will win races around Brough (Poole for one).

Only time will tell how this team performs but as I say everyone is entitled to their own opinions and the differences/debates are what sport is all about.

Really depends on your point of view.  The main thing for Newcastle is "keep your home fans happy," as that's where Rob & co. will get some of their money back, by fans returning to Brough Park and in turn will keep the Diamonds running.  Once that's (hopefully) built up, then they can plan to attract the riders who will do well at home and away and be able top push for honours (e.g. Cups)/play-offs etc.  Getting the balance right is the key, but the priority has to be home form and "entertainment,"  to keep the crowds coming through the turnstiles.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Really depends on your point of view.  The main thing for Newcastle is "keep your home fans happy," as that's where Rob & co. will get some of their money back, by fans returning to Brough Park and in turn will keep the Diamonds running.  Once that's (hopefully) built up, then they can plan to attract the riders who will do well at home and away and be able top push for honours (e.g. Cups)/play-offs etc.  Getting the balance right is the key, but the priority has to be home form and "entertainment,"  to keep the crowds coming through the turnstiles.

I agree with the view of keeping your home fans happy to generate growth in our fan base but the risk is that one or two defeats against some of the big hitters in the league coupled with little or no points gained on the road would place a side in the bottom couple of teams in the table.

Those who have stayed away over the last few years and those who we are aiming to get into the sports from a number of years ago will not be in a position to know the quality of racing on track from afar and their will to return will be determined by results and the position of the team in the league. 

I feel we could have potentially strengthen the side with the additional points available to us to give us a little extra strength both home and away and provide us with better odds of going through the card at home and possibly picking up the odd point or two away.

As you say it depends on how you view the approach taken to grow the business but I do believe that the standard of racing put out on track by this side will be very good this season.

Edited by Viper

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I agree with the view of keeping your home fans happy to generate growth in our fan base but the risk is that one or two defeats against some of the big hitters in the league coupled with little or no points gained on the road would place a side in the bottom couple of teams in the table.

Those who have stayed away over the last few years and those who we are aiming to get into the sports from a number of years ago will not be in a position to know the quality of racing on track from afar and their will to return will be determined by results and the position of the team in the league. 

I feel we could have potentially strengthen the side with the additional points available to us to give us a little extra strength both home and away and provide us with better odds of going through the card at home and possibly picking up the odd point or two away.

As you say it depends on how you view the approach taken to grow the business but I do believe that the standard of racing put out on track by this side will be very good this season.

Added to your post which there is some good vibes on the hopefully fans return to the sport but as we will have the hatdcore we need new faces on the terraces but the spiraling costs of living going absolutely mental I just hope it works out for all involved & we have a good season 

On 2/7/2022 at 7:17 PM, Tsunami said:

Maybe they will stream the P&P? Some clubs are..........!!

56 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Good idea but I can't see Newcastle doing that. It would be cheaper and better for fans to be let in but.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Hope I'm wrong but I hope streaming live meetings doesn't keep fans away especially  if the weather looks a bit iffy & the meeting can still run & if it's being streamed some may decide to stay at home & watch it 

Edited by Justgotmecpc

21 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Hope I'm wrong but I hope streaming live meetings doesn't keep fans away especially  if the weather looks a bit iffy & the meeting can still run & if it's being streamed some may decide to stay at home & watch it 

A get what you're saying, but that's what folks want these days.  :(

Salad dodging on the settee,,, only hardcore left.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A get what you're saying, but that's what folks want these days.  :(

Salad dodging on the settee,,, only hardcore left.

& Once the hardcore suss out about streaming or some pubs stream them like 1 not to far away from our track ( have had interest ) that could spell ( hopefully not ) the end for fans on the terraces ... But I really do hope it never comes to that

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Flip side of that is same people might just have stayed home and checked the update site. At least with the stream the club still getting money in