British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Hope I'm wrong but I hope streaming live meetings doesn't keep fans away especially  if the weather looks a bit iffy & the meeting can still run & if it's being streamed some may decide to stay at home & watch it 

There might be a minimum distance from the track to the IP address, so those 'near' (whatever distance they want) to the home track can't access the stream?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, StevePark said:

There might be a minimum distance from the track to the IP address, so those 'near' (whatever distance they want) to the home track can't access the stream?

If you're talking about the British Speedway Network for Championship matches then clearly that won't be the case if you've subscribed. However there'll only be about two Diamonds home matches streamed, greatly reducing the chances of a losing fans on the terraces.

Unless I've missed something and the Diamonds have announced that they're streaming all their home matches?

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Hope I'm wrong but I hope streaming live meetings doesn't keep fans away especially  if the weather looks a bit iffy & the meeting can still run & if it's being streamed some may decide to stay at home & watch it 

"Iffy, dodgy weather meetings" keep fans away so when they do go ahead the club completely lose out...

At least with streaming you may get those who decided to stay away paying to watch the stream...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mikebv said:

"Iffy, dodgy weather meetings" keep fans away so when they do go ahead the club completely lose out...

At least with streaming you may get those who decided to stay away paying to watch the stream...

So it's a catch 22 then.. but I suppose if you buy either a online ticket or a stream or pay on the day which in the case of buying online or at the turnstile can be carried over for the next meeting !! But would the stream allow it tho.. to watch your next meeting featuring your team or would it roll over to the next streamed meeting ?

What average is complin coming in on? Think Rob said we were going to be close to the points limit, so assuming it’s 6 - 6.50? How is it worked out? 

17 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

What average is complin coming in on? Think Rob said we were going to be close to the points limit, so assuming it’s 6 - 6.50? How is it worked out? 

I believe Lee is on a reassessed average and will start the season at reserve.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Viper said:

At reserve? I thought James Wright was at reserve? Assume by reassessed that can only mean 5 or worse a 4. So we are either 2.5 or 1.5 off the points limit? 

That’s worse than last year! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Viper said:

Certainly reads that way.

10 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

At reserve? I thought James Wright was at reserve? Assume by reassessed that can only mean 5 or worse a 4. So we are either 2.5 or 1.5 off the points limit? 

No the reassessment of Lee’s average puts him below James and means we will start the season with Lee and George at 6 and 7.

I’m not totally sure of the maths in terms of the team overall points but we are certainly quite a bit down on the permitted points limit.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

well its the same rider regardless of what average (a largely interpretable figure) so what difference does it make?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mikebv said:

Fans paying £18 at the turnstile vs. Fans paying £11.99 to watch the stream, of which clubs will only get a %.  Which would you choose if it were you running the club? 

I don't know if it's like the football and clubs get money off the streaming service when the meeting is shown live, as a compensation of all the fans wanting to save £6 admission + loss of programme sales, food sales, Track Shop sales etc., etc.,  on the meeting?

3 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Fans paying £18 at the turnstile vs. Fans paying £11.99 to watch the stream, of which clubs will only get a %.  Which would you choose if it were you running the club? 

I don't know if it's like the football and clubs get money off the streaming service when the meeting is shown live, as a compensation of all the fans wanting to save £6 admission + loss of programme sales, food sales, Track Shop sales etc., etc.,  on the meeting?

Take the Edinburgh route and set up your own streaming service and get all the money from streaming.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StevePark said:

But as it currently sits, clubs get zero income form those fans who decide to stay away on those "iffy nights"....

At least should the meeting go ahead they may be inclined to log in and pay for the stream...

With potentially a country full of fans who might want to watch some Speedway too to try and attract...

As for Programmes and Merchandise? Then link them in to the streams..

Clubs can then send them out to whoever wants such things. 

Reading the SS the "generic" streaming seems to have sound reasoning behind it and hopes to tap in to the amount of fans who no longer attend regularly but still follow the sport closely.

(Fans who outnumber those that currently do attend by some distance I would suggest)...

22 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Take the Edinburgh route and set up your own streaming service and get all the money from streaming.

As well as putting a block on any streams within a specified distance from the track - as Edinburgh did.

55 minutes ago, ch958 said:

well its the same rider regardless of what average (a largely interpretable figure) so what difference does it make?

The issue could be that alongside a largely unknown quantity at reserve was going ro be James Wright who would be one of the leagues strongest reserves and would have been available to cover rides for any of the 1-5 who are struggling (specifically Complin). Now its an unknown and a returning unknown at reserve which further weakens the makeup of the side.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1