British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

52 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Take the Edinburgh route and set up your own streaming service and get all the money from streaming.

Could even ask the Edinburgh folk if they’d fancy using there equipment to stream Newcastle on sundays..income for both if it were possible .?

23 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The issue could be that alongside a largely unknown quantity at reserve was going ro be James Wright who would be one of the leagues strongest reserves and would have been available to cover rides for any of the 1-5 who are struggling (specifically Complin). Now its an unknown and a returning unknown at reserve which further weakens the makeup of the side.

Conversely if Lee, who I think has been given a assessed 5 point average, if he hits form from the start he will still be very handy to have at reserve for taking others rides. If a 5.00 it make us start understrength again by 1.51. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bigred said:

Could even ask the Edinburgh folk if they’d fancy using there equipment to stream Newcastle on sundays..income for both if it were possible .?

How would that work ? Looking at the picture in the Star this week, they seem to use a permanent mixing deck located above the front stand at the Edinburgh track.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

How would that work ? Looking at the picture in the Star this week, they seem to use a permanent mixing deck located above the front stand at the Edinburgh track.

No clue tbh,just a thought .if they had all the gear it’d be better for them using it twice a week rather than one..(that’s if it can be moved around easy enough)..

11 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Conversely if Lee, who I think has been given a assessed 5 point average, if he hits form from the start he will still be very handy to have at reserve for taking others rides. If a 5.00 it make us start understrength again by 1.51. 

I’m very excited by Complins signing. He was good to watch last time he raced and I like to watch a proper racer

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AndyPresley said:

I’m very excited by Complins signing. He was good to watch last time he raced and I like to watch a proper racer

Totally agree.

Only hope he hets fully acquainted with the tight track that is Brough Park before he goes flat out round the boards. We have had our fair share of injuries sustained on Press and practice day in the past. If he got injured early days, that would be a calamity.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, AndyPresley said:

The problem I have is that, as far as I know, he hasn't slid a bike competitively in 10 or so years. Things have moved on quite a lot set up and track wise in that time. Whereas James was at least riding grasstrack during his speedway layoff, which made the transition relatively easier. I hope Lee can pick up where he left off, but I fear he might find it tougher than James did.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, leander said:

The problem I have is that, as far as I know, he hasn't slid a bike competitively in 10 or so years. Things have moved on quite a lot set up and track wise in that time. Whereas James was at least riding grasstrack during his speedway layoff, which made the transition relatively easier. I hope Lee can pick up where he left off, but I fear he might find it tougher than James did.

Very fair point..

One of the all time greats of the sport returned last year for Plymouth and Ipswich after a long lay off and only did "ok"....

Hope it goes well for him though as Complin was always worth paying money to watch...

A big ask though and a truly major achievement if he could run as a bona fide heat leader after so many years out of the saddle..

It would certainly be a testament to the considerable natural talent he possessed if he does, and would be a decent crowd puller too given the way he often scored his points...

Edited by mikebv

9 minutes ago, leander said:

I think he appeared at Sunny about September,21 time for a practice session. Since then he I think concentrated on weightloss and getting his body fit for racing.  I believe he has two top engines from Sean Wilson. He should now be  getting back on track to get race ready and accustomed to his new equipment for the new season..

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think he appeared at Sunny about September,21 time for a practice session. Since then he I think concentrated on weightloss and getting his body fit for racing.  I believe he has two top engines from Sean Wilson. He should now be  getting back on track to get race ready and accustomed to his new equipment for the new season..

Didn't Lewis bridger say similar things when he went to bandit land ?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Very fair point..

One of the all time greats of the sport returned last year for Plymouth and Ipswich after a long lay off and only did "ok"....

Hope it goes well for him though as Complin was always worth paying money to watch...

A big ask though and a truly major achievement if he could run as a bona fide heat leader after so many years out of the saddle..

It would certainly be a testament to the considerable natural talent he possessed if he does, and would be a decent crowd puller too given the way he often scored his points...

Jason's crash @ Wolverhampton resulted in 7- yes seven broken ribs, when he returned he was still not race fit but still rode while in a lot of pain.  On reflection Jason's 2021 comeback may not have been one of his best decisions BUT without that Wolverhampton crash would have been so much more of successful.     

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Neila said:

Didn't Lewis bridger say similar things when he went to bandit land ?

Lewis Bridger was badly let down by sponsored equipment when he re-started his career at Berwick, but made changes and dumped the guy (down south) who was providing the bikes.  Lewis then bought new equipment from a GP rider, whereupon, until his season-ending crash a few matches later, he was getting better and better, and looking very much like a #1.

• Like 4

On 2/11/2022 at 11:04 PM, Ghosty said:

Jason's crash @ Wolverhampton resulted in 7- yes seven broken ribs, when he returned he was still not race fit but still rode while in a lot of pain.  On reflection Jason's 2021 comeback may not have been one of his best decisions BUT without that Wolverhampton crash would have been so much more of successful.     

I’d completely agree with that.  He had got 13 points at home against wolves before that crash and was really starting to look like a number one. 

Diamonds & Gems 2021 season review in this week's Speedway Star.

Out tomorrow Thursday 17th Feb.