British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

14 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Seems so and the good news is Fans are now going to be allowed into the stadium.

Taken off Facebook:

Following discussions with the landlords, the public are allowed into the stadium on press and practice on Sunday 20th March. Doors open at 11am with riders taking to the track at 12. No indoor grandstand facilities are open but the outside terrace will be open and the catering van will be there to purchase food from.

Entry is via the main fire exit gate.

Aye,,, looks like they've maybe been thru a couple of tubs of 'elbow grease' of late? :t:

49 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Has there been some stadium work over the winter like?

New pits, as the old ones "blew away" during the storms, according to Dave Tinning at the Meet the Riders Night.  

54 minutes ago, StevePark said:

New pits, as the old ones "blew away" during the storms, according to Dave Tinning at the Meet the Riders Night.  

Wow I didnt know that. Another set back for the promotion but new pits is never a bad thing, are they laid out the same as the old ones? Looking forward to seeing the new improvements :) anyone got any idea on the riding order for the new season, I'd personally go.

1. Bradley Wilson Dean

2. Max Clegg

3. James Wright

4. Matty Wethers

5. Paul Starke

6. Lee Complin

7. George Congreve

Time to get excited for the new season!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Wow I didnt know that. Another set back for the promotion but new pits is never a bad thing, are they laid out the same as the old ones? Looking forward to seeing the new improvements :) anyone got any idea on the riding order for the new season, I'd personally go.

1. Bradley Wilson Dean

2. Max Clegg

3. James Wright

4. Matty Wethers

5. Paul Starke

6. Lee Complin

7. George Congreve

I'd personally switch the reserves around, otherwise I'd agree with that line up.

Hard to tell on the pics but the pits seem pretty much in the same position (pics are on Facebook).  I believe they are containers, with the fronts 'chopped off.'

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Bradley Wilson Dean

2. Max Clegg

3. James Wright

4. Matty Wethers

5. Paul Starke

6. Lee Complin

7. George Congreve

1. Bradley W-Dean

2. James Wright

3. Paul Starke

4. Max Clegg

5. Matthew Wethers

6. Lee Complin

7. George Congreve

Does anyone know if you will be able to pay at the gate for meetings or will it all be via online tickets?

4 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Does anyone know if you will be able to pay at the gate for meetings or will it all be via online tickets?

I'd guess that, with no restrictions currently, you will be able to pay at the gate (you will still be able to buy online, of course).

Edited by StevePark

1 hour ago, diamond@heart said:

Speedway can’t afford to drop pay at the gate.IMO.That would finish them off.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

You have been able to pay at the gate since last season. There is 2 turnstiles open 

7 hours ago, StevePark said:

I'd personally switch the reserves around, otherwise I'd agree with that line up.

Hard to tell on the pics but the pits seem pretty much in the same position (pics are on Facebook).  I believe they are containers, with the fronts 'chopped off.'

yip would rather have complin off the outside in his first heat pretty sure he likes to ride outside line all the time 

22 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

anyone got any idea on the riding order for the new season, I'd personally go.

1. Bradley Wilson Dean

2. Max Clegg

3. James Wright

4. Matty Wethers

5. Paul Starke

6. Lee Complin

7. George Congreve

13 hours ago, StevePark said:

5 hours ago, mac101 said:

yip would rather have complin off the outside in his first heat pretty sure he likes to ride outside line all the time 

As Newcastle look the weakest of the completed teams, they'll need all their riders to do well to win. I'd certainly put the stronger reserve (Complin) at 6 to beat opposition second strings & the weaker reserve (Congreave) at 7 to beat opposition reserves. 

Putting Complin at 7 should get him a few more points, but almost guarantees Congreave won't score after heat 2 & I don't think Newcastle are string enough to win with just 6 riders.

Edited by szkocjasid

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

As Newcastle look the weakest of the completed teams, they'll need all their riders to do well to win. I'd certainly put the stronger reserve (Complin) at 6 to beat opposition second strings & the weaker reserve (Congreave) at 7 to beat opposition reserves. 

Putting Complin at 7 should get him a few more points, but almost guarantees Congreave won't score after heat 2 & I don't think Newcastle are string enough to win with just 6 riders.

Even before a wheel is turned for congreave he's being sort of written off already... From what I've heard he's been practicing everywhere possible since arriving over here last month so let's give the kid a chance !! You never know he may turn out to be the next David bargh or mark Thorp or even better the great Ivan mauger

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Even before a wheel is turned for congreave he's being sort of written off already... From what I've heard he's been practicing everywhere possible since arriving over here last month so let's give the kid a chance !! You never know he may turn out to be the next David bargh or mark Thorp or even better the great Ivan mauger

I'd say my suggestion of giving him the easier number 7 spot, is giving him a chance. 

44 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'd say my suggestion of giving him the easier number 7 spot, is giving him a chance. 

Numbers 1 to 7 it doesn't really matter as I remember talking to Aaron summers a couple of years ago & he said it doesn't matter what number you ride at as you always have a hard ride sometime in the meeting