British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

9 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Even before a wheel is turned for congreave he's being sort of written off already... From what I've heard he's been practicing everywhere possible since arriving over here last month so let's give the kid a chance !! You never know he may turn out to be the next David bargh or mark Thorp or even better the great Ivan mauger

Saw him at Leicester and the only time he looked iffy was when he was out with NKI - but then again he is one of the two best riders around Leicester. Think that he may surprise a few people and put a point or so on his starting average.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Numbers 1 to 7 it doesn't really matter as I remember talking to Aaron summers a couple of years ago & he said it doesn't matter what number you ride at as you always have a hard ride sometime in the meeting

They certainly do matter, 1&5 have the hardest rides, 7 has the easiest. A rider is likely to say what Summers says to build his confidence, no-one wants to think, "this'll be hard & I'll struggle to score". 

Could say number 7 has one hard ride & number 6 has 3 hard rides.

• Like 4

BBC Weather Forecast for Sunday reveals it to be warm and dry in the morning so should be o.k. to get some practice in around noon.

Edited by scampispeedway

On 3/16/2022 at 11:59 PM, Justgotmecpc said:

Even before a wheel is turned for congreave he's being sort of written off already... From what I've heard he's been practicing everywhere possible since arriving over here last month so let's give the kid a chance !! You never know he may turn out to be the next David bargh or mark Thorp or even better the great Ivan mauger

I can’t see where the comment has stated that George won’t do well this season, only that to help him settle into UK racing that the number 7 position will give him the easier rides to help him acclimatise to British Speedway. 

Any rider coming into British Speedway, especially those without league racing experience, need time to adapt to the track shapes, surfaces and the effects of the great British weather. Barghy arrived in the UK at a very young age and took time to settle and Mark took a few seasons before becoming the top rider he was when his UK career ended. 

George will be keen to do well and hopefully he has a good debut season but keeping the pressure off him to allow him to settle into his new surroundings is a sound strategy in my eyes.

• Like 3

My little cousin made these for all the riders. He made a couple when the first few riders were announced and now he's finished them off. What does everyone think? I would love to upload all 7 but apparently there is a maximum file size allowed to be posted. How annoying, even when I try to upload them on separate posts. Here is Bradley's though :) I think he's done great, it's a Graphic design project he's doing for his GCSEs

Bradley Wilson Dean.JPG

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 6

48 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

My little cousin made these for all the riders. He made a couple when the first few riders were announced and now he's finished them off. What does everyone think? I would love to upload all 7 but apparently there is a maximum file size allowed to be posted. How annoying, even when I try to upload them on separate posts. Here is Bradley's though :) I think he's done great, it's a Graphic design project he's doing for his GCSEs

Bradley Wilson Dean.JPG

They would look nice in the new pits. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

They would look nice in the new pits. 

I think that would make his entire year if they got put up in the pits haha... Replacing the old pictures of him in his Peterborough kevlars with pictures from tomorrow's P&P in the new team colours etc...

Very sorry to everyone for having to post these all individually, but it keeps telling me about maximum file sizes if I try to post more than one together and there seems to be a time limit to what I can post as if I try to post one after another the same message appears, and I have no idea how to get around it. Anyway, here is the next one :) Hope George turns out to be a real find, or else we may struggle this year...

George Congreve.JPG

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1

There used to such a thing as the Congreve Rocket: there is a nickname for him!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, *JJ said:

There used to such a thing as the Congreve Rocket: there is a nickname for him!

Looked comfortable on the track that's he's never even seen before never mind ride it 

• Like 2

That is encouraging to hear that Congreve is getting out and about the tracks. Sounds like he has the right attitude. Whether he rides at 6 or 7, its gonna be a tough year learning the British tracks, but if he keeps up this good start & good attitude, then he'll be fine. Wonder how he is finding the Geordie accent so far lol

59 minutes ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Lee Complin - The Comeback Begins Here........

Very best of luck to Lee for the season ahead, got some good memories of watching him guest for Glasgow a long time ago :) 

• Thanks 1