Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

The diamonds team isn't as good as Berwick's at the moment ( watch this space ) but the racing at brough is imo far better than gate & go Berwick's track only bomber will put a smile on the faces of the fans if he misses the gate & chases down the rider in front which he never did guesting last Sunday at Newcastle.. he was poor actually & whinged about a couple of riders quoted saying they can't ride a bike when he was behind them 

Awful take, watching riders struggling hitting ruts and lifting, letting other riders pass isn’t good racing.

Some fantastic racing at Berwick this season so far, not just Bomber, who’s had a fantastic start to the season for Berwick and Peterborough, the two teams he actually rides for, maybe if you had a number 1 and didn’t have to borrow everyone else’s it wouldn’t matter. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Awful take, watching riders struggling hitting ruts and lifting, letting other riders pass isn’t good racing.

Some fantastic racing at Berwick this season so far, not just Bomber, who’s had a fantastic start to the season for Berwick and Peterborough, the two teams he actually rides for, maybe if you had a number 1 and didn’t have to borrow everyone else’s it wouldn’t matter. :)

Think it must be a long time since you visited then, that's an old chestnut and far from true about the current track.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know the extent of BDW's injury? 

4 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

The diamonds team isn't as good as Berwick's at the moment ( watch this space ) but the racing at brough is imo far better than gate & go Berwick's track only bomber will put a smile on the faces of the fans if he misses the gate & chases down the rider in front which he never did guesting last Sunday at Newcastle.. he was poor actually & whinged about a couple of riders quoted saying they can't ride a bike when he was behind them 

Watch this space ey? Does that mean something is already lined up... Are are you still clutching at straws and holding out hope.. Genuine question

33 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Watch this space ey? Does that mean something is already lined up... Are are you still clutching at straws and holding out hope.. Genuine question

A did hear a name a little while ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Yours is about as awful a take as the other post. The racing at Newcastle is far from exciting, but it's a fairly decent, smooth, racing track. The racing at both tracks is pretty bland compared to most.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

We've got a decent guest this Sunday tho, (Richie Lyons). ;)

Is it not Jason worrall 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

BWD wouldn't have been my choice as a number 1, so I'm happy to borrow any number 1 who's available to take an extra nights earnings as as we all know the cost of living these days is astoundingly high 

6 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Check out the late grate Marvin gays song ( I heard it on the grapevine ) & from reports he's very good at most tracks

On 4/22/2022 at 2:19 PM, ruffdiamond said:

A did hear a name a little while ago.

A name? :o So it's a single change then? That's gonna make us better than Berwick... Hmmm... Bartosz??

19 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Check out the late grate Marvin gays song ( I heard it on the grapevine ) & from reports he's very good at most tracks

I'm either completely missing your hints, or you're not giving much away :D I await with baited breath... Hopefully it's announced tomorrow???

49 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

A name? :o So it's a single change then? That's gonna make us better than Berwick... Hmmm... Bartosz??

Well it was mentioned after the team was signed and, before the season started,,, but would leave us even more below the limit. ;)

12 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well it was mentioned after the team was signed and, before the season started,,, but would leave us even more below the limit. ;)

Do they ride in this country currently??? Hmmm. Doesn't take much to leave us further below the limit, just need an average lower than Brad's 8...

Hope it's a signing enough to tempt me back, boost speedway back up my priority list

I feel for the lads who turn up every week and try their best for Newcastle, facts are though we are awful! This is due to the fact we are massively under strength again this season, majorly under the points limit and carrying two kiwi riders saddled with inflated aves. The only reason we aren’t being pasted at home every week is due solely to the fact we get a guest for BWD, with him I dread to think what the score lines would be. 

Have no complaints with other lads, but everyone is expected to be 1-2 places above where they should be in a teams 1-7 and are asked to punch above their weight. 

can’t see that team attracting crowds sadly. Where oh where did that £50k go? New burger van maybe? 

29 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

I feel for the lads who turn up every week and try their best for Newcastle, facts are though we are awful! This is due to the fact we are massively under strength again this season, majorly under the points limit and carrying two kiwi riders saddled with inflated aves. The only reason we aren’t being pasted at home every week is due solely to the fact we get a guest for BWD, with him I dread to think what the score lines would be. 

Have no complaints with other lads, but everyone is expected to be 1-2 places above where they should be in a teams 1-7 and are asked to punch above their weight. 

can’t see that team attracting crowds sadly. Where oh where did that £50k go? New burger van maybe? 

On Brad's and George's flights... Be far cheaper bringing in European based riders...

On 4/22/2022 at 1:44 PM, Diamonds85 said:

Hope you get a break good luck for the rest or season

• Like 1