British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

Gotta admit after today's result struggling to see Newcastle winning any match this year! Oxford have been poor away from home so far, scoring 31+32, but still too strong for the Diamonds!

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Gotta admit after today's result struggling to see Newcastle winning any match this year! Oxford have been poor away from home so far, scoring 31+32, but still too strong for the Diamonds!

Also most diamond fans like a winning team, unfortunately looks like it's gonna be a long season, hope they can see it to September

This is a quote today from one Diamonds fan who has been going to nearly every home meeting since 1975 from the age of 11 ….. I am not going today to watch that sh*te, I am staying in to watch Liverpool v Everton …….. Wonder how many other fans were saying the same thing ? 

Edited by KEITH M

trouble is once your gone your gone .i can remember the day when ivan mauger scored a 21 points maxi at poole and won 1966 i believe happy days :t:

Edited by ray c
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

This is a quote today from one Diamonds fan who has been going to nearly every home meeting since 1975 from the age of 11 ….. I am not going today to watch that sh*te, I am staying in to watch Liverpool v Everton …….. Wonder how many other fans were saying the same thing ? 

Fans want to see exciting speedway - fact. 

nothing exciting at Newcastle right now. Under strength, and a poor track. We have morphed into what was stoke, a poor team with no ambition, no excitement and no atmosphere. 

Costs me £50 a week & sadly it’s money down the drain. All we want is to be competitive - is that so much to ask???! 

• Like 2

Well done rob two good guests v the bandits this weekend with ostergaard at Berwick & Richie back at Newcastle & hopefully they get good back up from the rest of the side 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Well done rob two good guests v the bandits this weekend with ostergaard at Berwick & Richie back at Newcastle & hopefully they get good back up from the rest of the side 

Looks like Richie and Richard are the new No1s  for the season for Newcastle and Plymouth respectively.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

Why go out and sign a no1 when you can just borrow everyone else’s 

No, you don't want everyone else's,,, ye need to get a good-un!  ;)

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Richie Lyons? ;)

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Looks like Richie and Richard are the new No1s  for the season for Newcastle and Plymouth respectively.

Hope Bomber hasn't been told that...:D

On 4/22/2022 at 1:44 PM, Diamonds85 said:

Watch this space ey? Does that mean something is already lined up... Are are you still clutching at straws and holding out hope.. Genuine question

I’ve heard this said so many times since we restarted last season. We have tried Bjarne Pedersen, Kenneth Bjerre, Dan Bewley ect ect but just can’t get it over the line - Really?

Does this sound familiar NUFC fans from our former owner?. It’s like Mike Ashley saying we tried to sign Ronaldo but offering a 50k transfer fee and £20 a week wages :). Making headline moves are nothing if they are not feasible to start with.

The old chestnut of Poland will no doubt be raised as to why we don’t strengthen but the question still remains as to why we built a side nearly 3 points under the limit in the first place?

I feel sorry for the lads, they are expected to punch above their level every meeting and that is just to get us a chance to compete never mind to have a chance of winning. This is nothing to do with the lads, they are trying their best but any speedway fan knew that we were not strong enough to compete and it’s worrying that after only one home league match we are already in this situation.

I am glad we still have a team to support but that doesn’t change the fact that to keep the crowds healthy then the product needs to be good enough. Unfortunately, the team isn’t competitive, the racing is average, the presentation is awful and the overall product is not worth £18. That is reflective in the crowd numbers and it’s worries me that the public silence from the promotion does not lend itself to the fan base keeping faith.

We have more named guests for this weekend so no chance of any immediate changes but let’s see what the promotions ambitions are for the club in the next week or so. I hope we see a couple of changes to make us competitive, especially at home but I am pessimistic to whether any change(s) will indeed improve the balance of the side ahead of the rest of the season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

I'm glad we still have a team to support but that doesn’t change the fact that to keep the crowds healthy then the product needs to be good enough. Unfortunately, the team isn’t competitive, the racing is average, the presentation is awful and the overall product is not worth £18. That is reflective in the crowd numbers and it’s worries me that the public silence from the promotion does not lend itself to the fan base keeping faith.

With any poor team it also affects other club's business as well as it lowers their crowds & they still av to pay their riders for racking up a big score.

I support Poole but won't be traveling down there for Birmingham & Newcastle because it costs me about £150 each time for train, accomodation & admission. The score is a given, dare I say? :rolleyes:........I have been wrong before! :o

The BSPA should help as much as they possibly can to help struggling club's to find/finance better riders because the product on show also reflects on them.

Maybe they do help? I don't honesty know but knowing certain factual information & how they treated riders who wanted to ride on the IOW then the word 'help' would be frowned upon like the word 'more' in Oliver Twist!!

Newcastle Speedway are pleased to announce, that from this week, all children under the age of 16 will be able to enter FREE of charge (with a paying adult)!
This will continue to be the case for the remainder of this season.
Let's share, spread the word and get more youngsters involved‼
CHILD SEASON TICKETS: All child season ticket holders will be contacted via email, to arrange a refund of the difference.

Hopefully this encourages a few more into Brough Park.
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, screm said:
Newcastle Speedway are pleased to announce, that from this week, all children under the age of 16 will be able to enter FREE of charge (with a paying adult)!
This will continue to be the case for the remainder of this season.
Let's share, spread the word and get more youngsters involved‼
CHILD SEASON TICKETS: All child season ticket holders will be contacted via email, to arrange a refund of the difference.

Hopefully this encourages a few more into Brough Park.

Great to see Newcastle doing this but, yes there is a but........they need to get more adults involved as this is the condition of the child getting in free. So the advert in itself is a bit back to front! 

But Is it one child Free per one paying adult? Dunno coz the advert implies one paying adult admits all children Free! :D

As all advertising it needs more aimed at those that are not already converted to speedway.

Anyways, please forgive my nick pickings coz I wish all at Newcastle a secure future :t: