British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

23 hours ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

Why go out and sign a no1 when you can just borrow everyone else’s 

In the past a facility (i.e. guest) was only approved for 28 days, then you had to reapply for an extension. I would think that if the "powers that be" decide that promotions are not doing enough to sign a replacement if there is no sign of the injured rider returning to fitness, then the facility would be withdrawn, and you are left with NDL riders who are not contracted to a Premiership or Championship team. I assume that is still the case.

19 minutes ago, leander said:

In the past a facility (i.e. guest) was only approved for 28 days, then you had to reapply for an extension. I would think that if the "powers that be" decide that promotions are not doing enough to sign a replacement if there is no sign of the injured rider returning to fitness, then the facility would be withdrawn, and you are left with NDL riders who are not contracted to a Premiership or Championship team. I assume that is still the case.

Didn't Scunny get a guest facility in 2019 for a rider injured for most of the season?

Edited by ruffdiamond

4 hours ago, Turnip said:

With any poor team it also affects other club's business as well as it lowers their crowds & they still av to pay their riders for racking up a big score.

I support Poole but won't be traveling down there for Birmingham & Newcastle because it costs me about £150 each time for train, accomodation & admission. The score is a given, dare I say? :rolleyes:........I have been wrong before! :o

The BSPA should help as much as they possibly can to help struggling club's to find/finance better riders because the product on show also reflects on them.

Maybe they do help? I don't honesty know but knowing certain factual information & how they treated riders who wanted to ride on the IOW then the word 'help' would be frowned upon like the word 'more' in Oliver Twist!!

Ya spot on about away travel & unfortunately I tried to get some sort of transport for the away meeting with Redcar for the tyne tees trophy at a very cheap rate or I could have done a 16 seater bus for £14 per head but got only 1 or 2 takers .. hard times nowadays 

1 hour ago, leander said:

That was my point there is no incentive for Rob to sign a new no1 if he can use guests for the rest of the season so he probably won’t and it will possibly be cheaper as well 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

That was my point there is no incentive for Rob to sign a new no1 if he can use guests for the rest of the season so he probably won’t and it will possibly be cheaper as well 

& They have just announced with every paying adult kids under 16 get free entry for the rest of the season .. Well done to the promotion fantastic gesture

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

Guests are rarely cheaper as they know you need them.

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

& They have just announced with every paying adult kids under 16 get free entry for the rest of the season .. Well done to the promotion fantastic gesture

Yes great gesture by the promotion but it does say with an adult and are the adults going to watch the current team.

but what does that have to do with the incentive to sign a no1 

10 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

Yes great gesture by the promotion but it does say with an adult and are the adults going to watch the current team.

but what does that have to do with the incentive to sign a no1 

Mmmm you could ask the promotion !! But all I've said that it's a great gesture from the promotion ... & I suppose if there was any riders out there who could improve the team the promotion will be exploring all avenues but with being a Sunday track it's very difficult to get the best riders in 

6 hours ago, screm said:
Newcastle Speedway are pleased to announce, that from this week, all children under the age of 16 will be able to enter FREE of charge (with a paying adult)!

So does this mean a headmaster could take his full school ? Is 300 kids running around for an extra £18  going to be worth it 

Obviously I am joking but can you imagine Rob Grants face  if someone did do that ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KEITH M said:

So does this mean a headmaster could take his full school ? Is 300 kids running around for an extra £18  going to be worth it 

Obviously I am joking but can you imagine Rob Grants face  if someone did do that ?

The burger van would do well with all them hungry kids

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

And some may enjoy the speedway and badger their parents or guardians to go again....

"It's free for me Dad" was always music to my ears....:D

When they are not there now, there is no loss to giving it a go...

And when you own the food and drink outlets, the higher the footfall the more chance you have of taking money..

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KEITH M said:

A might get the young-un to mention that to the teacher today.  ;)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Didn't Scunny get a guest facility in 2019 for a rider injured for most of the season?

In general the guest facility will remain as long as the rider is injured. However if a rider retires or withholds his services a 28 day facility is the most likely outcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

They would still be behind you in the queue 

• Haha 1